PDA

View Full Version : So, this weekend may be the weekend

Will
05-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Hey there folks,

Been a while. Yeah I know but what could I be looking at once I get this car back running again? Its been sitting for over a year now.

jnxv6
05-30-2011, 02:02 AM
About damn time.....just kidding. Hope you get it running.

Will
05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Haha yeah me too, Im going to try to get the battery after I get paid this week. We'll see

freakv6
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Know what it needs to get running? Still have the parts car for the swap?

1LOMARO
05-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Good to hear your gonna get back at it....

Will
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Know what it needs to get running? Still have the parts car for the swap?

I thought I did, Steve and I tried to start it last night. It makes motions like it wants to just fire up but it just doesnt start, steve suggested I get the starter tested, so I think I may do that. But yes I still have everything for the swap.

Good to hear your gonna get back at it....

Me too!

bob8703
06-02-2011, 11:32 PM
seals seals seals. watch them seals once they sit for a long time they tend to dry out and crack out.

Will
06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
seals seals seals. watch them seals once they sit for a long time they tend to dry out and crack out.

Thanks man, Preciate the tip lol

xpbr2000
06-03-2011, 09:16 AM

aint that the f*king truth.

xpbr2000
07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
any updates there will?

fire chicken
07-19-2011, 06:09 PM
I thought I did, Steve and I tried to start it last night. It makes motions like it wants to just fire up but it just doesnt start, steve suggested I get the starter tested, so I think I may do that. But yes I still have everything for the swap.

Me too!

Don't forget to check for fuel and spark before you go yankin out da starter.
Just sayin cause I've had fuel pumps go bad from sitting before. From condensation build up in the tank. Also when fuel sits over a long time the oils will seperate and settle in the bottom of tank leaving a heavy tar like substance. Takes forever to happen though. Resulting in clogged pump/filter/lines. Hopefully its the starter.
Tanks on fbodies are a bi**ch to pull out!

straightnastyv6
07-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Just sayin cause I've had fuel pumps go bad from sitting before. From condensation build up in the tank. Also when fuel sits over a long time the oils will seperate and settle in the bottom of tank leaving a heavy tar like substance. Takes forever to happen though. Resulting in clogged pump/filter/lines. Hopefully its the starter.
:thatsfunny:
x2

Will
07-20-2011, 10:22 PM

Preciate that!