V6 F-Body.com

V6 F-Body.com (http://www.v6f-body.com/index.php)
-   Discounts and Sales (http://www.v6f-body.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Advance Auto Parts discount codes! (http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=4252)

davidlb512 05-15-2012 02:07 PM

Advance Auto Parts discount codes!

I figured it would be suitable for me to make the first thread in this section huh Bone? Haha. ;-)

Advance Auto Parts has these new and ongoing coupons. Free Shipping on orders $75+.

$10 off $30 Coupon Code: "A123"
$15 off $40 Coupon Code: "BIGONEFIVE"
$20 off $50 after Coupon Code: "A123"
$30 off $75+ Coupon Code: "BIG30"
$35 of $85+ Coupon Code: "RAF7JA1102"
$50 of $150+ Coupon Code: "VISA"
20% off All Orders Coupon Code: "P20"

Please note, some exclusions will apply: Does not work on motor oil.

CALL IN OFFER: 20% off when you call 877-326-0112 and mention Coupon: "CC20"

Don't forget that you can make a purchase online using these codes, and just run down to your local store and pick the item up.

xpbr2000 05-15-2012 02:16 PM

Nice David!! great post!

1LOMARO 05-15-2012 03:43 PM

Dammit.... I shop at AutoZone!!!

xpbr2000 05-15-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LOMARO (Post 128707)

same here :dis:

davidlb512 05-15-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LOMARO (Post 128707)

Do you strictly shop at Autozone, or do you shop around any?

fbodyrs96 05-15-2012 06:28 PM

I shop where ever's cheaper.

davidlb512 05-15-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodyrs96 (Post 128739)
I shop where ever's cheaper.

That's the same boat I'm in. Well, price comparable to quality of course.

1LOMARO 05-15-2012 08:28 PM

I've worked at both AutoZone and Advance back in the day. I can honestly say that I've had better luck with parts from AutoZone.

xpbr2000 05-15-2012 10:56 PM

i do strictly autozone. (and some times napa, autozone doesn't have everything)

-one. because i don't have to guess where i got parts from when they go bad.

-secondly. advance's systems are not linked to each other. meaning you have to go back to the exact store you bought it from to get a warranty replacement (given that you've lost your receipt) . autozones are all linked. you buy it from one autozone, you can return it to any of the others. and they can look it up under your name or number.

-lastly. i bought a clutch slave cylinder for the s-10. it was half as much ($100/$50) for the cyl. at advance. the first one lasted 8 month sec lasted 1 month and last one lasted 3 months and if you do the math thats right at a year. no more warranty left on that part. all to say if the part is that much cheaper theres a reason.

i'm not saying that advance is to blame for the faulty parts. everything is imported anyway. i bet a lot of the times they are from the same manufacturer. most of the time advance, autozone, are within dollars of each other. i do shop around. I've shopped at autozone, advance, O'reillys, and napa. and gotten great service from each. i just prefer autozone over advance out of convenience.

my opologies of the lengthy post. but I wanted to give a review about shopping around. pulling transmissions are not the funnest thing to be doing 4 times a year :dis:

davidlb512 05-16-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpbr2000 (Post 128756)
i do strictly autozone. (and some times napa, autozone doesn't have everything)

-one. because i don't have to guess where i got parts from when they go bad.

-secondly. advance's systems are not linked to each other. meaning you have to go back to the exact store you bought it from to get a warranty replacement (given that you've lost your receipt) . autozones are all linked. you buy it from one autozone, you can return it to any of the others. and they can look it up under your name or number.

-lastly. i bought a clutch slave cylinder for the s-10. it was half as much ($100/$50) for the cyl. at advance. the first one lasted 8 month sec lasted 1 month and last one lasted 3 months and if you do the math thats right at a year. no more warranty left on that part. all to say if the part is that much cheaper theres a reason.

i'm not saying that advance is to blame for the faulty parts. everything is imported anyway. i bet a lot of the times they are from the same manufacturer. most of the time advance, autozone, are within dollars of each other. i do shop around. I've shopped at autozone, advance, O'reillys, and napa. and gotten great service from each. i just prefer autozone over advance out of convenience.

my opologies of the lengthy post. but I wanted to give a review about shopping around. pulling transmissions are not the funnest thing to be doing 4 times a year :dis:

Damn! That's a pretty bad experience man. I hate to hear that you had to go thru that crap over a fault part.