V6 F-Body.com

V6 F-Body.com (http://www.v6f-body.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.v6f-body.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   pacesetter headers (http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=80)

kristen 08-22-2008 08:41 AM

pacesetter headers

70-1209 pacesetter headers and y pipe for 95-02 f bodies

starting price is about $260 (painted)

they are very strong headers,forged from mandrel-bent 16-gauge mild steel tubing. 1-1/2'' primary tubes,2-1/2'' collector
higher flow than stock headers. They have positions for all the factory sensors. you can get them with Black paint (standard): Double-layered protective black paint is cured to a smooth finish. The paint provides solid protection against corrosion during the storage of PaceSetter Headers. or Armor Coat. Armor Coat process utilizes two layers of metallic-ceramic protection that's cured at a searing 2000F. It won't discolor like paint, chrome or dull coatings, and keeps under-hood temperatures lower. armor coat does cost more.

I have painted. and dont' see any need for the coated. you shouldn't expect to see much of a gain (maybe 5 hp) but they are a great supporting mod.

I've had pacesetter painted headers on my camaro for about 3 years now. I'ver never had a problem. Alot of people have problems with the egr leaking. There is a simple fix for this. Just buy block off plates ($5 each at zzperformance.com. you'll need 2)

I give this product 2 thumbs up. deff a great mod

freakv6 08-22-2008 11:58 AM

I agree 100%. One of the best mods for the money.

jnxv6 10-25-2008 01:01 AM

I have been looking into these, how hard are they to put in and what should I expect as far as time for installation and is there any special tools needed?

TheRedBird 10-25-2008 08:10 AM

I agree, I've been meaning to do headers for a while. If its that big of a deal to someone to get them coated, just get the painted ones and some Duplicolor high temp ceramic paint and do em' yourself.

firebirdkid96 10-25-2008 10:14 AM

haha Duplicolor Hi-Temp FTL.

You want them coated, buy VHT's FlameCoat and cure it on your barbecue.

But yeah. These headers= :tup: :tup:

firebirddrvr 11-19-2008 09:50 PM

so i just got my car back monday....everything is great....however, pacesetters have been nothing but trouble to this point. sent wrong length bolts to connect headers to y pipe, and the place where the egr hooks up on the driver side is too loose so it leaks creating the most obnoxious ticking noise!!!! gonna get it fixed soon...not a huge deal...but still, for a new product...should be perfect. wish i woulda had more time so i could have gotten fff long tubes. oh well maybe down the road

Will 11-19-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebirdkid96 (Post 5363)
haha Duplicolor Hi-Temp FTL.

You want them coated, buy VHT's FlameCoat and cure it on your barbecue.

But yeah. These headers= :tup: :tup:

put it on the grill??

firebirdkid96 11-20-2008 09:39 AM

yeah, you have to heat them to cure the coat.

Will 11-20-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebirdkid96 (Post 71912)
yeah, you have to heat them to cure the coat.

Nice :rofl:

**Scenario**

Guy: :whistles:
:Guys friend: Hey dude what you cookin tonight? Sure smells good.
Guy: Headers ........
:friend: Oh .......

**End scene**

:rofl:

SpeedingFirebird 12-03-2008 09:20 AM

The gaskets sent with the headers are not the best. Several people had clearance issues including myself. I had to slightly modify my subframe to get them to clear.