Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Rides, Modifications & Racing > Other Rides > GM
GM Gm make

Old 05-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Combat Medics, we bury our mistakes!

I wouldn't have a clue where to start, but I know that with the 4L60E being an electronic transmission, that something could be set up like this for it. Hell, you can even use he radio control buttons on your steering wheel as your shift controls. Kinda like a paddle shifter. A guy on 300Mclub.org designed something for the 300M to do that on our cars with. All auto sticks are on electronic transmissions, and when you hit whatever the shift up or shift down lever is, it's only an electrical contact telling the transmission which direction to shift.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:07 AM

ive been wanting to look into this. there are kits out there you can install that put paddle shifters on vehicles. Ive seen a 69 camaro with them installed.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8703 View Post
ive been wanting to look into this. there are kits out there you can install that put paddle shifters on vehicles. Ive seen a 69 camaro with them installed.
Any electronic trans can have an "auto stick" feature used on it. Just gotta know the wiring to make it work correctly. This guy name Bill over on my other forum built a unit from scratch, and there's a possibility that he may do something for the F-bodies too. If the interest is enough to make it worth his while of course. He sold lots of the kits on 300mclub.org, and LHforum.com. Maybe I could talk to him and see if he would be interested if in, and we could go from there?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Tree Fidy

If you want to manual shift an automatic just put in it 1st and move up from there, or if in 4th just downshift it from there. If want to take it one step further what you need is a manual valve body in the trans. They do have them for the 4l60es now, and offer an option to turn it off and on as well as shift firmness. Better yet a 700r4 with a reverse pattern manual valve body is even more fun.

The Famiry: 96 3.8 Camaro, 94 3400 swap Chicken 96 3.8 Firechicken, 87 5.0 IRoc, 95 Lt1 swap 3.4 Camaro, 95 Z28, 93 Trans Am RIP
Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8blackmaro View Post
If you want to manual shift an automatic just put in it 1st and move up from there, or if in 4th just downshift it from there. If want to take it one step further what you need is a manual valve body in the trans. They do have them for the 4l60es now, and offer an option to turn it off and on as well as shift firmness. Better yet a 700r4 with a reverse pattern manual valve body is even more fun.
Umm, yea. You obviously know a hell of a lot more about transmissions than I do! My knowledge goes as far as knowing that it sucks ass trying to holding a coke from McDonald's between your legs and trying to shift a manual tranny.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8blackmaro View Post
nomally i would do this but i have a column shifter and it not as fun lol. ill have to look into the manual valve bodies.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
once you go f-body you never go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlb512 View Post
Umm, yea. You obviously know a hell of a lot more about transmissions than I do! My knowledge goes as far as knowing that it sucks ass trying to holding a coke from McDonald's between your legs and trying to shift a manual tranny.
its not hard to drive a stick with just one hand. Ive done it for many year you get use to it

project nastyv6
http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=4158
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator

but its hell it you dont have a proper cup holder... stupid engineers. at least they fixed it in 97

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightnastyv6 View Post
its not hard to drive a stick with just one hand. Ive done it for many year you get use to it
Ummm, I don't recall ever in my entire life shifting gears with 2 hands. Hahaha. I'm referring to a time in my old Beretta where my legs squeezed together just a little too much when I was pressing the clutch, and it popped the lid off the cup and soaked me with coke. At 31 years old, I'm waaaaaaayyy past the point of desiring a stick shift as a DD. Manuals can definitely be fun tho.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlb512 View Post
Ummm, I don't recall ever in my entire life shifting gears with 2 hands. Hahaha. I'm referring to a time in my old Beretta where my legs squeezed together just a little too much when I was pressing the clutch, and it popped the lid off the cup and soaked me with coke. At 31 years old, I'm waaaaaaayyy past the point of desiring a stick shift as a DD. Manuals can definitely be fun tho.
if you dont have a dysfunctional cup holder, it wouldn't be a problem

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Rides, Modifications & Racing > Other Rides > GM