Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Announcements, Classifieds & Updates > Classifieds > Discounts and Sales
Discounts and Sales Post promo codes and great sale info here.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlb512 View Post
Damn! That's a pretty bad experience man. I hate to hear that you had to go thru that crap over a fault part.
yeah, It wasn't just terrible. I didn't drive the truck much but if i did need to use it, it was a real pain if i couldn't drive it or the seal blew out again while i was hauling somthing. I've bought things from advance since then, however, not parts.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Combat Medics, we bury our mistakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
yeah, It wasn't just terrible. I didn't drive the truck much but if i did need to use it, it was a real pain if i couldn't drive it or the seal blew out again while i was hauling somthing. I've bought things from advance since then, however, not parts.
Would you by chance remember what brand the part was? I don't really shop at Advance too much anymore because the closest one to me is about 15 miles. Mostly Autozone, O'Reilly's, NAPA, RockAuto.com, and we have a local chain auto store called Westwood Auto Parts that supplies pretty much every shop in the surrounding areas, and I've always had good luck with the quality of their parts.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Droner
Administrator

i can't remember the brand. its been too long ago lol. I ended up taking the one from the maro (same cylinder) and swapping the fittings and such lol. works perfectly now.

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 05-17-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
i do strictly autozone. (and some times napa, autozone doesn't have everything)

-one. because i don't have to guess where i got parts from when they go bad.

-secondly. advance's systems are not linked to each other. meaning you have to go back to the exact store you bought it from to get a warranty replacement (given that you've lost your receipt) . autozones are all linked. you buy it from one autozone, you can return it to any of the others. and they can look it up under your name or number.

-lastly. i bought a clutch slave cylinder for the s-10. it was half as much ($100/$50) for the cyl. at advance. the first one lasted 8 month sec lasted 1 month and last one lasted 3 months and if you do the math thats right at a year. no more warranty left on that part. all to say if the part is that much cheaper theres a reason.

i'm not saying that advance is to blame for the faulty parts. everything is imported anyway. i bet a lot of the times they are from the same manufacturer. most of the time advance, autozone, are within dollars of each other. i do shop around. I've shopped at autozone, advance, O'reillys, and napa. and gotten great service from each. i just prefer autozone over advance out of convenience.

my opologies of the lengthy post. but I wanted to give a review about shopping around. pulling transmissions are not the funnest thing to be doing 4 times a year
yeah im glad they are opening and autozone close to me. Ive had quite a few problems. last truck i owned i went through 3 alternators in 2 months. First one just stopped charging. Second one literally broke apart. and the third one stopped working lol. They Special ordered rotors for my wifes car took a week went to pick them up and they ordered rear drums.... Come on new autozone. I Also shop at napa for the fact my step dad works for the city and i get parts at cost.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Droner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8703 View Post
yeah im glad they are opening and autozone close to me. Ive had quite a few problems. last truck i owned i went through 3 alternators in 2 months. First one just stopped charging. Second one literally broke apart. and the third one stopped working lol. They Special ordered rotors for my wifes car took a week went to pick them up and they ordered rear drums.... Come on new autozone. I Also shop at napa for the fact my step dad works for the city and i get parts at cost.
nice of the parts at cost thats cool.

sadly for advance, i think autozone's duralast line of parts are hands down a good brand.

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Announcements, Classifieds & Updates > Classifieds > Discounts and Sales