Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Announcements, Classifieds & Updates > Website Stuff
Website Stuff Suggestions | Comments | Fixes | Supporting Memberships

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2016, 11:42 AM
xpbr2000's Avatar
xpbr2000 xpbr2000 is offline
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator


 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mooreville, MS
Rank: Freaky Poster
Posts: 11,413
Default What's new for V6F-Body.com in 2016?

Hey fellas and gals!

First I want to congratulate everyone for making it another year ! I hope everyone got to spend time with their family and enjoy some time off.

The forum is about the lowest activity that I can remember these days. I understand times are changing with Facebook Groups and all the other social media taking over. But this forum will stick it out for as long as we can.

For the new year, I wanted to check in and see what would be good to add to the forum for this new year. I have a few ideas as to what I think would be nice for the members that still come here. Tapatalk was the last big addition for the forum. I'd like to know what the active users want to see in 2016.

post your comments and let me know what you think.
__________________

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Bonemaro's Avatar
Bonemaro Bonemaro is offline
Now back to the good part.
Forum Owner


 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winder, GA
Rank: Four Star General
Posts: 9,376
Default

I'd definitely like to get in some group cruises. I wonder how the Gathering is looking...
__________________

My 2000 Camaro SS/RS Wannabe. Proud non-member of PHK
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2016, 10:38 AM
xpbr2000's Avatar
xpbr2000 xpbr2000 is offline
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator


 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mooreville, MS
Rank: Freaky Poster
Posts: 11,413
Default

cruises are definitely happening this year.

As for the gathering, I haven't heard a peep since they said that g20 was going to happen. that's not unusual though. I think it take till feb and early march to start talking.
__________________

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2016, 07:08 PM
fbodyrs96's Avatar
fbodyrs96 fbodyrs96 is offline
LTZ Turbo


 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Renton WA
Rank: Colonel
Posts: 4,173
Default

http://www.fbodygathering.com

Sent form Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 PM
AUscorp1's Avatar
AUscorp1 AUscorp1 is offline


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grant, AL
Rank: First Sergeant
Posts: 1,243
Default

That is good news. It will be a pretty long drive for you from Seattle though!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2001 Firebird Convertible, V6 4A, Y87, All Black, Daily Driver
32MM Front Sway Bar; Whisper Lid
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2016, 08:28 PM
jnxv6 jnxv6 is offline
Captain, Purple Pearl Armada


 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Rank: Specialist
Posts: 429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
Hey fellas and gals!

First I want to congratulate everyone for making it another year ! I hope everyone got to spend time with their family and enjoy some time off.

The forum is about the lowest activity that I can remember these days. I understand times are changing with Facebook Groups and all the other social media taking over. But this forum will stick it out for as long as we can.

For the new year, I wanted to check in and see what would be good to add to the forum for this new year. I have a few ideas as to what I think would be nice for the members that still come here. Tapatalk was the last big addition for the forum. I'd like to know what the active users want to see in 2016.

post your comments and let me know what you think.
I hope this forum continues for a long time, I have seen too many other forums fall apart. One sadly was called GM vs World but there was so much in fighting between people it was more like GM vs GM and that lead to it not being used. There was another just about local drag racing and sadly that closed as well.

I do not understand Facebook groups and how those work better, but then I have never looked into them. I do not care to spend all day on facebook and it seems like it would take a lot more searching to find anything, but then I am ignorant on how they work.
__________________
<a href=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/roosduster/Camaro.jpg target=_blank>http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ter/Camaro.jpg</a>
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2016, 10:19 AM
xpbr2000's Avatar
xpbr2000 xpbr2000 is offline
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator


 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mooreville, MS
Rank: Freaky Poster
Posts: 11,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnxv6 View Post
I hope this forum continues for a long time, I have seen too many other forums fall apart. One sadly was called GM vs World but there was so much in fighting between people it was more like GM vs GM and that lead to it not being used. There was another just about local drag racing and sadly that closed as well.

I do not understand Facebook groups and how those work better, but then I have never looked into them. I do not care to spend all day on facebook and it seems like it would take a lot more searching to find anything, but then I am ignorant on how they work.
yeah Facebook has been a cancer to forums. The groups don't work as well. information is lost almost immediately. and the majority of information is given by less than knowledgable people. Not to say that facebook groups can't be a good thing.... it the fact that facebook is a magnet for drama and people getting their feelings hurt. I find it hilarious that social media has made people anti-social the most.
__________________

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2016, 12:13 PM
wchiarizzio's Avatar
wchiarizzio wchiarizzio is offline


 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Rank: Corporal
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
I find it hilarious that social media has made people anti-social the most.
Nuff Said. This is by far the number one reason I quit using it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-23-2016, 04:35 PM
fasteddi fasteddi is offline
1991 Camaro Rs 3.1/3100


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Rank: Private First Class
Posts: 223
Default

I agree 100 percent. Ive found that i see way more interaction on facebook now then say on here, or thirdgen where i still make post daily since its such a massive forum. But the younger crowd... say under 30 just want answers NOW and cant wait for a response on the forums. SO they take what ever they here the fastest and act on it. 50% of the time which is crap and bs anyways. So much embellishment takes place on facebook. Not that it doesnt happen on all of our gear head webpage forums but not as much as facebook IMO. It does bother me as I am part of so many forums and a few have really been negativity effected in the past few years and this forum being one. Sad really.

But as for this forum im glad its still here and will continue to move forward. Im old fashion at times becaues i still log onto my desktop each night and usually check all the forums im a part of but then again, im just old enough that i wasent raised with a freaking laptop as a phone in my hand..... I didnt even have a phone till i was a senior in HS(30 minuets on it per month..lol) and a smart phone till 5 years ago.
__________________
Best 1/4mile. 11.23 At 123mph(14.5PSI)
11.70@115Mph Pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoxC...aSKRMi9Jn94Ubg

Last edited by fasteddi; 11-23-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-25-2016, 12:24 PM
xpbr2000's Avatar
xpbr2000 xpbr2000 is offline
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator


 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mooreville, MS
Rank: Freaky Poster
Posts: 11,413
Default

haha yeah i bought my first cell phone after highschool. I didn't jump to smart phones until a few years after android started getting big.

We will keep these doors open as long as we can. The cost is a small issue. right now it doesn't cause much problem. but i'm sure there will be times where it could. if you guys have any ideas as to how to improve paid memberships let me know. or even if you have something that may offset the cost even a little. I know we already have shirts and stickers but currently those are sold at cost and sometimes negative profit just to reward out members who stick it out for the long run lol. its a very poor business model i know.... I expect that in the years to come we will have to upgrade to a newer version of vBulletin which may help with social media integration but for the moment we are just keeping cost down to the minimum until we can justify new stuff if that ever happens.

i want to thank those who are committed to contributing to this forum still. Your posts are very much appreciated.
__________________

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Reply With Quote

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Announcements, Classifieds & Updates > Website Stuff
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 - 2018 V6F-Body.com