Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Community > Lounge
Lounge Everyone's favorite digs! Kick back and relax!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator

Default Bad news from MS

well let me start off by saying that g15 was a stretch to have a presentable car. Now problems have arisen that may prevent me from going all together.

It seems me and head gaskets do not get along. This morning, I managed to blow a head gasket and to have a bad radiator. I fix my radiator problem but it seems my motor has blown its gaskets. it just misses and spits air into the radiator. I have just dumped all the excess funds on trans, drive shaft, tires, and the start of a paint job. I don't know if i can cover the cost to rework the heads and new gaskets and finish painting it such a short period of time. not to mention the trouble of pulling the head with out taking the motor out. I'm not in good spirits today. Both my vehicles are out of commission. My s-10 clutch slave cyl. from Advance crapped out for the third time. and instead of pulling the damn thing again to get yet another defective part before the 1 yr warranty run out, i decided to fuck it and park the damn thing. so now i'm in another predicament, what do i spend money on now.

The easier/quicker?
s-10 + $100-150 slave cyl

The more important?
camaro + $300? in head repairs maybe more

I'm so frustrated. I need the truck fixed to have a way to go. but the more I spend on that the longer its going to be before the camaro is back up and running. really wanting to make it to g15 in the maro. but if the camaro isn't fixed by then. I can't spend the dough to travel to GA with or without the maro. going to try to find a cheap way to get the truck fixed. maybe find a used factory one? IDK i'll be google the shit out of it tonight.

Had to vent a little. still very much bummed.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"

Last edited by xpbr2000; 04-04-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM

i never use advance auto parts or autozone to get parts for my vehicles anymore, to many problems have occured. i go to napa to get parts. sometimes they are alittle more on the price and sometimes you can get a new part for the same price as a rebuilt part at advance. if you need transportation to get around i would fix the s10 first since its cheaper at the moment and would be quicker to repair.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:41 PM
The Smokin' Palm

This sucks to hear man. I know how it can be (*cough 6 motors cough*). You just have to do whatever makes the most sense for you atm. Just to add to the down feeling here, my car has a miss on cylinder number 4, already ruled out plug wires and plug, next step i guess is coil. FML

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
|Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
|freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Droner
Administrator

Well freak, didn't you have to replace that #4 wire back in sept. bc it toasted of the headers? I hope you don't have the luck that i have. I don't even know if the blown head gasket blew my radiator seal or if my radiator leaked on the coolant and the heat blew the gasket. I do know that it got hot enough for the valves to chatter. hopefully it didn't cause much damage. even so i have the other motor with the heads incase the heads are toast.

I did find out one thing that is a sigh of relief. looking up the actual gm# for the s10 clutch cyl. just so happens to be the same cyl use on the maro. How convenient. It just so happens that the trans I bought had one still on it. probably the factory one considering this trans only had 40,000 mi on it. I've looked at the cyl and to my surprise it does look exactly like the s10 cyl. from what i can remember. so there an instant savings so far, potentially.

Now what to do about the maro. I believe i'm going to pull the motor again and fix the head gasket. this will let me clean the motor and engine bay. to get it looking good again. I have my write up on pulling the engine still to finish so the missing photos I can take while I'm pulling it again. and then finally get it posted on the forum.

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Its PHK'N Silver!!!!
V6F-Body Bouncer
Site Moderator

Sucks to hear man... but there is plenty of time to get it all straightened out.

"There is no shame in owning a V6. Anyone that makes fun of you is just upset that they spent more money than you, and their penis didn't get any bigger..."
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM
LS Supporting Member

Hang in there... It will all work itself out ...
These things happen and frustrating I can understand.. Ive seen plenty of the guys being that way when working on their cars... :-)
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Droner
Administrator

Thanks Stacey!
I've been thinking... the initial down feeling has been replaced by idea for mods while its down. It been hard to do anything to it bc its been my DD. I'm going to try to fix my truck to keep me going. (i needed it fixed anyway) and pull the motor again. clean it up...again. maybe look for some goodies if funds allow. plus i can finish my write up on removing a 3800 motor.

see, I'm trying to pull some positive out of this.

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Now back to the good part.
Forum Owner

You are still coming to G15 regardless, right?

My 2000 Camaro SS/RS Wannabe. Proud non-member of PHK
Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Droner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
You are still coming to G15 regardless, right?
it all comes down to money. I want to come regardless. but thats at least 200 in gas and $? in a hotel stay. IDK. If the maro is back to running it shouldn't be an issue. but if I'm still pulling funds to get it back on the road, it be hard to spend that kind of cash on a trip instead of the maro. I thinking i'll have it back to together within a month. so its a matter of time and money. Unfortunately i'm short on both

I got less than 3 mo, so I better get to it!

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
LS Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
it all comes down to money. I want to come regardless. but thats at least 200 in gas and $? in a hotel stay. IDK. If the maro is back to running it shouldn't be an issue. but if I'm still pulling funds to get it back on the road, it be hard to spend that kind of cash on a trip instead of the maro. I thinking i'll have it back to together within a month. so its a matter of time and money. Unfortunately i'm short on both

I got less than 3 mo, so I better get to it!
Well... if it comes down to needing a place to hang your hat for the weekend... Consider that solved.. I have a spare room you can stay in ...
So just get yourself here ..

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Community > Lounge