PDA

View Full Version : problems

t-topv6
10-13-2009, 01:50 AM
well, power steering went out, so im going to need to change the power steering pump (if anybody has any tips, let me know).

Just changed the oil and filter, but the low oil light is still on, and occasionally it will idle high (at about 1,500 again). Yesterday, the car had trouble starting (first time its done that) had to give it a little gas to get it going.

And whats strangest most to me, is theres a grinding type noise from the rear of the car (mostly when I first start it). It does it either in park or D, even while im sitting still, or for a while once i get going.

freakv6
10-13-2009, 08:56 AM
man seems like a lot hit at once. the pump is pretty straight forward, but be care when reinstalling the lines, the threads are easy to strip out.

Are you sure the oil is full, if so the sensor could be on its way out. The high idle and hard starting point the the iac, i would clean or replace it. i would guess sitting still since it makes the noise while your sitting still?

The rear end noise...its it comeing from the rear end or around the transmission area?

Will
10-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Man when that dodge hit you it hit you good huh?! lol isnt that covered under your warranty on the motor? I'm with forrest on the I think the oil sensor is on its way out the door

Italia
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I would check your oil for any leaks and top off once again.

Don't know a damn thing about a power steering pump

Possibly a vacuum leak causing your high idle?

and yeah...that sound is it coming from the differential or the trans?

t-topv6
10-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I would check your oil for any leaks and top off once again.

Don't know a damn thing about a power steering pump

Possibly a vacuum leak causing your high idle?

and yeah...that sound is it coming from the differential or the trans?
Yeah, its not leaking, so I assumed it was a sensor, that shouldn't be hard to install then. Its on the drivers side of the oil pan I heard?

I've heard that a vacuum leak could cause high idle, where and how would I check/fix that?

Im really not sure exactly where the noise is, but I was told it might be the gears in the rear axel assembly on their way out.

freakv6
10-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, its not leaking, so I assumed it was a sensor, that shouldn't be hard to install then. Its on the drivers side of the oil pan I heard?

I've heard that a vacuum leak could cause high idle, where and how would I check/fix that?

Im really not sure exactly where the noise is, but I was told it might be the gears in the rear axel assembly on their way out.

best way to find a vac leak is using a can of carb cleaner. With the motor running spray around all vac lines and connections. listen carefully for the motor to change tones (rpms). this will lead you to the leak.

Team Got Oil?
10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Make sure to flush out the power steering rack as well, or you could destroy a new pump. AMSOIL makes a really good synthetic power steering fluid. You can link to order it from my website. www.teamgotoil.com. You can also hear vacuum leaks. Sound like hissing noise. Check pcv valve vacuum line. Be carefull with the carb or brake cleaner. IAC or MAF sensor can cause hard starting and high idle as well. Hope this helps.