PDA

View Full Version : Deisel Powerd Camaro?

ZeRo
05-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Don't hate on the idea! LOL.

I've done alot of things with cars in the past. I'm kinda interested in a deisel F-body project. I've never seen a deisel powerd camaro before. I know the cummins/duramax engines in the trucks are known for mad torque. And can make some wicked ass HP/torque with just turbo mods/larger exhaust/tune ect. But they heavier than a mofo and would crush a camaro. Is there a simular engine out there but smaller? I've seen a few mercedes and others that are deisel. Slap on a turbo? Is this just a lost cause? I don't know LOL i'm tossin a idea out there. Thanks

Will
05-24-2010, 01:57 AM
I think someone had actually put this idea in motion, not sure. A 6.6L Duramax Diesel camaro would be Sick

freakv6
05-24-2010, 09:00 AM
ive seen this done once before. it was a green early 4th gen. it sounded nasty. have to look for the link to it.

bob8703
05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
there is a you tube video of a corvette with a deisel motor in it. it was a mid 90's to late 90's corvette

1LOMARO
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
There is a guy that lurks on LS1 Tech that did the 4th gen with a diesel motor... he is also on the diesel forums. IIRC... he had alot of fabrication in it to just support the weight of the 6.5L GM diesel. Honestly... I do not see the point as the weight is a big factor to me.