PDA

View Full Version : Driving light removal

Bonemaro
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I haven't looked under there yet, mainly because the car is 3 inches off the ground, but how do we go about removing our factory driving lights? :hillbilly:

venom
03-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I haven't looked under there yet, mainly because the car is 3 inches off the ground, but how do we go about removing our factory driving lights? :hillbilly:

what exactly do u mean driving lights?

there are headlights, parking/running lights, and fog lights

since ur talking about going under i assume u mean fog lights

if ur just removing the bulb, the are 2 bolts u can take off on the plastic under the car to open a "trap door" so that you can reach in and remove the light. getting a new light can be a pain because u cant really see for ur arm and u have to line it up right before u twist or ull just break ur bulb off.

Bonemaro
03-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I peeked under the hood. I can get them out from the top. I'm wanting to remove them to polish the lenses.

BTW, they are driving lights as well. Fog lights are yellow. They are actually officially listed on the bulb replacement guide as Fog/Driving light 894. FYI.

venom
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
if ur wanting to remove them i woukd say wait until u put in projectors and take them out the top while ur headlights are out

Bonemaro
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Looks like that'll open her up quite a bit.

venom
03-01-2011, 06:58 PM
yup, it does. you wont have to be a contortionist that way

whitdog54
03-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I just open the flap thats on both sides underneath the car and reach up. (2) 10mm bolts.