PDA

View Full Version : Is there any difference

bob8703
01-21-2012, 08:09 PM
So ive been in the market for an exhaust and the one i have really been wanting in an MBRP exhaust and im looking at 400-600 depending on the setup i want. And thats more money than i have. So my question is is there really a difference as far as sound and gains between a full cat back exhaust and just having a muffler welded in with dual outs?

I have also been looking into keeping the stock muffler and just putting an electric cut out so when im on a long trip my exhaust is stock and when im in the city i can open up the cutout and draw some attention :hillbilly:

kdm212
01-21-2012, 10:42 PM
So ive been in the market for an exhaust and the one i have really been wanting in an MBRP exhaust and im looking at 400-600 depending on the setup i want. And thats more money than i have. So my question is is there really a difference as far as sound and gains between a full cat back exhaust and just having a muffler welded in with dual outs?

I have also been looking into keeping the stock muffler and just putting an electric cut out so when im on a long trip my exhaust is stock and when im in the city i can open up the cutout and draw some attention :hillbilly:

what have you found for the cut out? i have an aftermarket magnaflow but im curious anyway.

bob8703
01-21-2012, 11:31 PM
what have you found for the cut out? i have an aftermarket magnaflow but im curious anyway.

there are a god handfull of electric cut outs heres one from jeggs

http://www.jegs.com/p/Race-Ready/Race-Ready-Performance-Electric-Exhaust-Cutout-Kits/757985/10002/-1

Throwback Bird
01-22-2012, 03:52 AM
really i dont think a whole cat back system will make much difference as if you was to just put a muffler on it. the pipe in between the cat and the muffler isnt gonna make any major changes to it. unless you are going with a bigger pipe. as for the cut out, it would be cool but may be nothing but problems later down the road. You may start getting leaks.

Id just put a muffler on it and call it good, be cheaper that way.

ZeRo
01-22-2012, 05:06 PM
I removed the cat on my 1996 v6 Camaro and welded in a electric cut out where the cat used to be.........made the exhaust stink real bad........about a month later I got a high flow cat n took the cut out off. Just buy a better quality dual outlet muffler.

bob8703
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
really i dont think a whole cat back system will make much difference as if you was to just put a muffler on it. the pipe in between the cat and the muffler isnt gonna make any major changes to it. unless you are going with a bigger pipe. as for the cut out, it would be cool but may be nothing but problems later down the road. You may start getting leaks.

Id just put a muffler on it and call it good, be cheaper that way.

Thats what i was thinking about. these companies are charging so much more for the cat back when your using the same piping.... it just goes to show how much they really bend you over when it comes to price. im just going to go with an MBRP muffler and have a shop put it on.