PDA

View Full Version : GCR july 21th sunny south raceway

madforce10
07-07-2012, 01:16 AM
ill be attending my next event on the 21st. we are doing a night time event which i have not done one in years. going to be putting the rs3s on for this event. i am hoping to get into the upper portion of the results this time.

3.8blackmaro
07-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Sucks that I'm quite a few hundred miles from you sounds like fun. You going to be getting vids of that?

AUscorp1
07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Good luck! We have an event in Huntsville that weekend too so I hope to get out.

Still running bone stock so it is more to improve driving than test car performance.

I'll be interested to see how the RS3s help your times.

madforce10
07-07-2012, 11:24 PM
i know i am excited to see as well but you will also have to keep in mind my friend i got them from said they were heat cycled tires even tough he took FTD at his last event on these tires. i do think ill be running video unless i run into any problems with it. i always seem to run slower with the camera on my car idk why. also hoping i get to play some grand tourismo alot before this next event to get my reaction times up.

madforce10
07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
i got my rs3s mounted today and i must say a 245 wide tire stretched on a 9.5 inch wheel looks awesome i can't wait to see how this will help with front end grip.

AUscorp1
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Have fun on Saturday! We don't do a night run until around Halloween.

I read about heat cycling being worth it. If I get a set of race tires I will certainly spend the extra money on that service. I hope it makes the difference you're looking for.

madforce10
07-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Have fun on Saturday! We don't do a night run until around Halloween.

I read about heat cycling being worth it. If I get a set of race tires I will certainly spend the extra money on that service. I hope it makes the difference you're looking for.

the problem with heat cycling is it does take away grip from the tire so they have less grip then a fresh tire that has just geen scuffed. heat cycling makes the tire warm up slower and gain grip slower. the only reason im using these tires is because they have more grip then the tires i was running. by the way a 245 stretched on a 9.5 wheel looks awesome.

i have a video up from this past saturday. the event was great even though i got moved to the morning and the evening got rained out (something about it not being safe when the standing water is 2-3 inches deep.). i ended up being 2.5 seconds slower than the FTD time so i am very impressed with the performance of these new tires. it was alot to get used toin only 4 runs. i am thinking i am not going to change anything setup wise and focus on my driving for the next event. here is the video. http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/madforce10/auto%20x%20video/?action=view&current=GCR72012goodwmv.mp4

AUscorp1
07-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Being within 2.5 seconds of FTD is very impressive and it does sound like the tires did the trick for you. Your runs looked really clean. I can't believe how tight your courses are down there, but I only have an abandoned airport as a reference.

I'm not qualified to debate heat cycling tires. I had only read the description on Tire Rack.com.

Any chance you'll put up pics of those 245s on the 9.5 inch rims?

I did not get out last weekend but am glad to see that you did and shared the videos.

madforce10
08-01-2012, 11:42 PM
heat cycling is a common thing that comes up in discussion while at events. yes those tires really did the trick and i was amazed be the grip available. next month my region is running 2 events one at sunny south and one at keisler AFB (wide open airstrip) where we usually run a national style course. unfortunatly at keisler im not allowed to run video so pics will just have to do.

madforce10
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
pics from the event
http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb329/serendib1/2012-07-21%20GCR%207%20SSR/

madforce10
08-18-2012, 12:27 AM
i have another event this weekend. gonna take some video and play with camera angles and hopefully ill be used to these new tires.