PDA

View Full Version : stock amp wiring diagram

michael454rs
10-24-2008, 09:58 PM
i while back i had my indash tv installed the guys said the he had to rewire my stock amp so hi did it and he made a mess. my indash took a crap on me and since i never liked having the stock amp like i took away all the crap the he did. i whent to the junk yard and got the stock stereo harness and the amp harness. i installed the stereo one using the wiring chart on the home page (http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html#FBAQ_16). when i got back to the amp the guy only left one cable uncut from all bundle of cables so i started putting them back together but since there were a couple of cables that were the same color i made the mistake of crimping them together. i turned on the key and only two of my speakers are workign properly. points is i still have the spare harness that i got at the junk yard. is there any place on the net that i can find a chart the can tell me what cable is what like the one for the stereo harness. im in desperate need of help ive been out there all day and i plane on finish my car tonight any help will surely be appreciated. thanxs

Need For Steve
10-25-2008, 11:53 AM
with the stock Monsoon harness, here are the wiring numbers/colors for the speakers, positive and negative.

E1 - Dark Green - Right Front Input (Negative) CONNECTS TO F6 - Dark Green - Right Front Speaker (Negative)
F1 - Light Green - Right Front Input (Positive) CONNECTS TO F7 - Orange - Right Front Speaker (Positive)
E2 - Grey - Left Front Input (Negative) CONNECTS TO E16 - Light Blue - Left Front Speaker (Negative)
E3 - Tan - Left Front Input (Positive) CONNECTS TO E15 - Dark Blue - Left Front Speaker (Positive)
E4 - Dark Blue - Right Rear Input (Positive) CONNECTS TO F14 - White - Right Rear Speaker (Positive)
E5 - Light Blue - Right Rear Input (Negative) CONNECTS TO F13 - Grey - Right Rear Speaker (Negative)
E6 - Yellow - Left Rear Input (Negative) CONNECTS TO F16 - Purple - Left Rear Speaker (Negative)
E7 - Brown - Left Rear Input (Positive) CONNECTS TO F15 - Red - Left Rear Speaker (Positive)

Hope it helps bro, get that thing together!

michael454rs
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM
hopefully it does i was out there all day it out wires together by color by this diagram i got and nothing tommorow hopefully ima try this and see if it work it better work hahahahah

michael454rs
10-25-2008, 11:35 PM
dint work cheked and double cheked triple cheked and nothing

Will
10-26-2008, 01:46 AM
I'd have to say you have 2 options at this point.

Option A: Dump the amp.
Option B: Keep fiddling with it until it drives you nuts

I, myself would choose option B lol But I love to mess with wires and such.

Need For Steve
10-26-2008, 02:47 AM
dint work cheked and double cheked triple cheked and nothing

Well, if using the stock diagram configuration didnt work, then i'd say your amp is screwed somehow. i'd try another amp and see how it works, or just get rid of the amp and hard wire to the HU...do you have a stock or aftermarket HU?

michael454rs
10-26-2008, 02:56 AM
i had an in dash but crapped out so i tried putting the mess that the shop shop guy did but it to bigg of a mess. i the amp is fine i have the one on the car and tried a spare i picked up . they were working fine before that dumb a$$ who installed my indash messed with it. what im thinking of doing and this is just coming out of the top of my head rewire my front and rear speakers from the harnes in the back of the unit then just run a wire from the two front ones to the one in sail panel. will that work. i dont wanna get rid of the harnes in the back that way the speakers are running straigh from the head unit i buy the harnes adapter then if i decide to sell the car i can just trow in a crappy head unit. what do you guys think?

Need For Steve
10-26-2008, 10:27 AM
if they were working fine before he made the mess, and now they arent, then i still say something has crapped out on the amp.

it's possible to "chain" the front speakers to the rears, but i wouldnt advise this.

try this, if it doesnt work then you KNOW the problem is elsewhere...if you have a spare amp, try swapping everything; the amp, amp harness all of it...here's a little tip to seperate ground wires from power wires...take a speaker w/ a length of speaker wire attached, touch the ground side to a spot of bare metal, and then start touching the positive to the wires one by one until you get a sound. once you've found all of your positives, the rest are ground wires. just match the grounds by colors from the chart, and maybe you'll get lucky

michael454rs
10-26-2008, 02:58 PM
i dont know what the problem is i put back the wires by color there suppose go i know i dint make a mistake beacuse i tripled check everything to see if i had connected a a wrong wire or something. ima go back outside and have another go at it if nothing turns up then ill come back to see how can i rewire from the same stereo harness in the back of the stock stereo.

michael454rs
10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
good news and bad news, i got the the front and rear speakers running like you said before steve i was doing it wrong hahahaha. bad news i cant get the woofers to get going and the front speakers the tweeter is not working im still messing around to see if i can fix it, i also cheked in back of the head unit and all the connection are good . i did a little research and the instructions you gave me is to by pass the amp correct? alos you know what cables to connect to each other to get the woofers and tweeters running steve?

Need For Steve
10-26-2008, 06:49 PM
IIRC, the monsoon system uses 2 way speakers in the doors. the woofers are powered by the amp and they tweeters are powered by the HU. i'll see if i cant find a more complete schematic for ya, or someone with Monsoon is more than welcome to chime in

michael454rs
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
alrighty im still outside trying to figuere things out but no luck