PDA

View Full Version : stroker?

tmon930
10-26-2008, 02:13 AM
how difficult would it be to stroke a 3.8 engine? can you stroke and cam a motor? what would be better for getting higher hp numbers? can you bore, stroke, and cam an engine? help! also, anyone have a bare 3.8 they would be willing to sell come jan?

Travis@gvperformance
10-26-2008, 10:42 AM
you can stroke a 3.8 pretty easily, 3800stroked.com sells the M.A.C.E. kit that is imported from australia. You then need a cam that is made for the stroker as well. But you would be looking at doing a full rebuild with a stroker. stroker will give you more hp and more importantly a nice jump in torque.

tmon930
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
cool. I was looking at that site. When I'm settled in a new job, I'll start modding internals and such. When you stroke a motor you can still turbo, correct? I'm going to start looking into this in a little more depth when I have some more mula.

Travis@gvperformance
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
yea there are different kits depending on your application, there are NA and FI kits as well as performance and street ones. Doesn't matter if the engine is stroked or not, just get the kit made for your application

jnxv6
10-27-2008, 02:24 AM
you can stroke a 3.8 pretty easily, 3800stroked.com sells the M.A.C.E. kit that is imported from australia. You then need a cam that is made for the stroker as well. But you would be looking at doing a full rebuild with a stroker. stroker will give you more hp and more importantly a nice jump in torque.

Is there a 3400stroked or more like a 3.4lstroked.com?....lol A guy I know said he knows a guy who installs superchargers on engines like mine but wouldn't give me his name since my Camaro is my daily driver. Tmon when you start this process you will have to do a write up for it.

freakv6
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Make sure you do some good reading. On most kits (especially the good ones) their is some machining of the block required. If i had the money, stroker would be my route. I imagine they would be torquey as hell.

tmon930
10-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Is there a 3400stroked or more like a 3.4lstroked.com?....lol A guy I know said he knows a guy who installs superchargers on engines like mine but wouldn't give me his name since my Camaro is my daily driver. Tmon when you start this process you will have to do a write up for it.

lol dont hold your breath! yeah, i'm gonna start saving for this when i have a new job. might take awhile.

Travis@gvperformance
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM

nothing that I have seen. most guys are doing the 3x00 swaps on the 3.4s and calling it a day unless they buy megasquirt to tune the car.

As for the block machining on the 3.8, it is not too much and pretty straight forward. They have pics of the clearance areas on their website