PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak

DarkHart
06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
So I started my car up today and was driving down my lane and though 'huh, car sounds nice today." Take it on the road and give it some gas and I was fairly convinced then I had an exhaust leak. I had my windows down so I didn't really smell it much, but I'd presume the leak is where my Pacesetters Y-pipe meets the actual header piece.

It sounds fuckin gnarly though, and honestly I think I'm gonna put off on fixing it. Thing is I have inspection this month. Think they'll lemme slide by with that?

3.8blackmaro
06-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Mine always leaks there. I tighten the bolts up and with how bad our roads are it shakes itself loose again. Inspection depends on who you take it to.

DarkHart
06-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Mine always leaks there. I tighten the bolts up and with how bad our roads are it shakes itself loose again. Inspection depends on who you take it to.

Yeah the roads around here really are no good..Especially in Reading. Whenever I'm going to the pagoda, the roads I take getting there are kinda suckish.

But yeah, hopefully these guys'll be cool about it. By the way, we gotta like chill at the pagoda or something sometime when I can bring my car there.

SlasherVRGR
06-04-2013, 04:11 AM
I should take a ride up there some time too :P maybe give away some more extra / 3x00 stuff I don't need any more

DarkHart
06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Haha, that'd be a bit of a drive for you, but its cool up there. Its definitely worth checking out when they're actually doing the hill climb race there. They had a few Camaros there last year, I think a Corvette or 2, and a bunch of other stuff.

Oh but hey Slasher, maybe I could bum another part off ya lol. I noticed that you don't carry around your spare tire in your car so, do you have the actual spare tire hold down bracket piece by chance? Mine never had mine since I bought it, and it gets annoying having my spare tire rattle around in the back. I have the piece that would actually tighten into the bracket if I had it.

SlasherVRGR
06-04-2013, 12:58 PM
I have 2 haha one from this and one from the bird

3.8blackmaro
06-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Hopefully sometime when I'm free I can come get that lower intake off your hands. Duryea is a badass road, gotta love the hill climb.

SlasherVRGR
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
I also have a poly trans mount for an auto that I thought would work for my t5 but doesn't :P

Ibanezz
06-04-2013, 01:37 PM
I'll go! Let's have a northeast meet

DarkHart
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I have 2 haha one from this and one from the bird

That'd be sick if you could hook me up with one lol. I just went to the GM dealer with no luck.

I'll go! Let's have a northeast meet

That'd be sick. You guys should come down for the hill climb race at least.

On another note, my exhaust leak got worse (louder) and I'm lovin it lol..trying to find people who know inspection stations that'd pass me. It's almost essentially like I'm running open headers on the driver's side. I passed like 4 cops going to and coming back from the Chevy dealer and they didn't say nothing so..

You wouldn't happen to know anyone, Blackmaro, would you?

3.8blackmaro
06-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Not in your county no.

DarkHart
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Not in your county no.

Well I'm willing to make a drive around if I gotta

DarkHart
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Fixed it. Turned out the y pipe came out from the connector piece that goes up to the headers. The clamp got loose somehow. Gonna miss the sound honestly..

Bonemaro
06-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Mine did that too...

DarkHart
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Well this has me wanting to mess with my exhaust now. Might eventually upgrade to a borla exhaust or possibly go true duals, dunno..

SlasherVRGR
06-05-2013, 10:33 PM
TDs all the way! Haha

xpbr2000
06-06-2013, 08:54 AM
mine will back off on the passenger side every so often.

SlasherVRGR
06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Makes me wanna go put a hole in my chode master muffler :P

DarkHart
06-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Well, after I get it inspected I think I'm gonna loosen it a bit again because I'm missin that sound..Not fully off though like it was before :P It sounded like a mix between a tractor trailer and a rally car. It was just stupid loud.