PDA

View Full Version : WTF AGAIN

michael454rs
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM
like 2 or 3 months ago i dropped in a 3.8 in my camaro because the one on i had i the heads craked because my little brother forgot to put the radiator cap back on. so i live like 15 minutes from the mexican border and we went to my aunts party so my dad decides to come back so he was making line to cross over when the car started to overheat he turned on the fans and nothing, piece of $h!t started smoking everywhere my little brother told me he heard knocking on the engine i think one of the heater hoses came loose. honestly im tired of fixing and fixing and fixing hahahahah honestly i love my camaro and i dont want to but i think its time to let it go ive put in about 5k not in aftermarket parts but stock but it always finds a way to break down. as of right now i dont know whats gonna happend i havent talked to my dad but just in case i already have my eyes on a 05 altima SE-R but will see.

freakv6
11-17-2008, 12:56 PM
That sucks man, i would look into it before i make any crazy decisions. Maybe their wasn't any damage done.

michael454rs
11-17-2008, 04:26 PM
yeah i think my dad is gonna bring a mechanic he has worked on my car since day one. if something the happend to the heads then im not even gonna bother. same thing happend last time rebuilt them and two later they craked again. i looked for a good pair for about 3 months and nothign that when my dad bought the other engine. i really dont whant to but if it comes down im most likely gonna sell it. i tried looking for another camaro already hahahaha but nothing catches my eyes. the one i got is the 97 rs with the stock chrome wheels leather interior. very nice i just dropped new speaker new HU and now its just sitting there. but will see what happends.

freakv6
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Let us know man.

Will
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM
like 2 or 3 months ago i dropped in a 3.8 in my camaro because the one on i had i the heads craked because my little brother forgot to put the radiator cap back on. so i live like 15 minutes from the mexican border and we went to my aunts party so my dad decides to come back so he was making line to cross over when the car started to overheat he turned on the fans and nothing, piece of $h!t started smoking everywhere my little brother told me he heard knocking on the engine i think one of the heater hoses came loose. honestly im tired of fixing and fixing and fixing hahahahah honestly i love my camaro and i dont want to but i think its time to let it go ive put in about 5k not in aftermarket parts but stock but it always finds a way to break down. as of right now i dont know whats gonna happend i havent talked to my dad but just in case i already have my eyes on a 05 altima SE-R but will see.

This makes me think we need an international section

onspeed
11-17-2008, 08:32 PM
LS1s are pretty cheap now... not too much more than a v6. Alminimum heads i think, shouldn't have to worry about cracking.

michael454rs
11-17-2008, 09:15 PM
hahahahahah hey will i live in the U.S just really close to the border hahaha. well i talked to my dad and from what it looks to be the radiator was leaking on driver side idk how or why but my dad said to sell that hes not gonna drop any more money on it. well the car is officialy for sale $2500 i really wanted to cry but what can you do. ill post some pics of the car tommorow so you guys can see them.

TheRedBird
11-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh well bud, guess its time to move on to bigger and better things.

tmon930
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
hahahahahah hey will i live in the U.S just really close to the border hahaha. well i talked to my dad and from what it looks to be the radiator was leaking on driver side idk how or why but my dad said to sell that hes not gonna drop any more money on it. well the car is officialy for sale $2500 i really wanted to cry but what can you do. ill post some pics of the car tommorow so you guys can see them.

wait, you're selling it cause it has a cracked radiator?

michael454rs
11-18-2008, 03:10 AM
thats pretty much it i dont want to drop any more cash into this car

tmon930
11-18-2008, 12:42 PM
radiators dont cost that much dude. stick with it!

freakv6
11-18-2008, 12:50 PM
i know, its such a small thing to fix.

michael454rs
11-18-2008, 02:07 PM
i know but honestly im tired of dropping money into this car it always finds something to break down from im going broke just putting money into it hahahaha does any one know where i can find a new crate engine for it like a new 3.8 no used ones ive looked but i only found 3.4's.

tmon930
11-18-2008, 05:40 PM
if you're going to put a crate motor in there, just go for a v8

TheRedBird
11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I would've thought it would be easier to find more 3.8s than 3.4s.

freakv6
11-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I still say if you want a new motor to go with a reman'd one from jasper engines.

michael454rs
11-19-2008, 01:21 AM
what is actually done to a remanufactured engine everything new?

SpeedingFirebird
11-19-2008, 08:24 AM
i know but honestly im tired of dropping money into this car it always finds something to break down from im going broke just putting money into it

Bro, there are two types of cars in the world. Those that need a ton of work and those that last forever with just regular maint. For the most part, when you buy them, you cannot tell the difference. So sure, you could sell your car, but you may up in the exact same position.

freakv6
11-19-2008, 09:59 AM
what is actually done to a remanufactured engine everything new?

Yes everything is brand new. its all torn apart and every single piece is replaced.

Will
11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Bottom line .................................................. ...........

KEEP THE CAR!!!

michael454rs
11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
damn almost 3 grand for a remanufacture engine i think this baby is out of here

freakv6
11-20-2008, 03:55 PM
you just need to replace that radiator. (assuming it didnt hurt anything else) then make your decision.

michael454rs
11-21-2008, 06:23 PM
i was reading a post over at camarov6 and hey mentioned something a pressure tester
how does that work? would it tell me if the heads are gone ?

freakv6
11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I believe your talking about a compression test. this will tell you if you have a blown head gasket, or if the head is warped. It wont tell you if its cracked for sure. It just depends on where the crack is really. All it does is pump air into the cylinder to see how much psi it will hold.