PDA

View Full Version : Winshield Haze

SpeedingFirebird
12-07-2008, 04:33 PM
It started off with some bad streaking on the windshield of my VW. I replaced the wipers, and I ended up with BAD hazing after each swipe of the wipers. So the wipers would pass, haze, then clear. At night in the rain, visibility was terrible. I tried automotive window cleaner inside and out - no change. I read on-line to try Meguiar's Heavy Cut cleaner on a buffing wheel to clean the windshield. While the windshield was crystal clear, it was TERRIBLE with the wipers. In the rain, the car was complete unsafe to drive due to an awful haze that took even longer to disappear then before.

After more searching on-line, I bought some SprayWay glass cleaner and a set of contoured wipers. I have no idea if it was the first set of new wipers or what, but the contoured wipers and SprayWay fixed the hazing, and cleared the windshield right up.

Since this was a major PIA, I figured I would share the problem, a non-solution, and the solution that worked. :)

tmon930
12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
thanks for posting man. i've been lucky enough so far with this car not to have hazing.

but my old camry sucked! i didn't even use the windshield wipers at night to avoid crashing and burning. lol

Crazed98Camaro
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I have the Bosch Icon wiper blades, contours to your windshield and whatnot.

They work great, 'cept the don't catch the lower right corner, dunno why either.....

freakv6
12-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I make sure to keep a nice coat of rain-x on my windsheld, and 99% of the time dont have to use wipers.

SpeedingFirebird
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I have the Bosch Icon wiper blades, contours to your windshield and whatnot.

They work great, 'cept the don't catch the lower right corner, dunno why either.....

I think the glass cleaner fixed the problem, not the wipers. But they work pretty well too.

I make sure to keep a nice coat of rain-x on my windsheld, and 99% of the time dont have to use wipers.

I heard the issue with that is you have to keep using it. If you don't keep on top of it, you will get bad hazing.

freakv6
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
well i apply it at least every other time i wash my car. never had a problem with it. I need some new blades though, mine have started to dry rot.

kristen
12-09-2008, 08:31 AM
i use the speed met. just go so fast that the rain goes away ahhahaha jk

SpeedingFirebird
12-09-2008, 08:39 AM
i use the speed met. just go so fast that the rain goes away ahhahaha jk

hahaha. nice! Nice time I get hazing, I'll try that.