PDA

View Full Version : The road to dual exhaust!!!

Need For Steve
01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
well, i've been wanting to do something different with my exhaust for a while now. i've pretty much decided instead of a catback, i'm just gonna run duals straight off of the manifolds and dump at the axle. I realize that it'll be pretty loud in the car, but i can deal for the time being. i'm trying ideas, figuring out what i wanna do for the long term. what good is it having these cars if you dont play around with em a little, right?

in the meantime, what would you guys suggest using muffler-wise? i've been looking at Dynomax bullets, but i dunno if i wanna spend that kind of money...we'll see how the money runs when the time comes...

post up all your ideas and thoughts on the subject!

3.8blackmaro
01-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Put some glasspacks on there.

tmon930
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
never thought about it. i'm actually thinking about doing something along the lines of true duals myself but not till later when i have a good bit of money stashed.

Crazed98Camaro
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
How long is "meantime"?

What is on the car right now?

Are you talking about the time between right now and going to true duals?

Need For Steve
01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
the car has stock pipe with a flowmaster 80 on it right now. i like it alright, but i'm just over it. every dodge and toyota pickup on the road now has flowmasters, i just wanna do something different.

and meantime is the time between now and when i have enough money to do what i want, which is run 2 1/4" duals over axle and out the back w/ headers

freakv6
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I would go with the bullets, there cheap and have a good sound. Good call on the 2 1/4th pipeing...definitely dont want to go to big.

firebirddrvr
02-24-2009, 09:29 PM
go true duals with custom h pipe and borla xr-1 mufflers. thats what i want to do when i get a real job lol