Thread: Want to convert power windows to manual

Default Want to convert power windows to manual

my second driver side motor/regulator has died and i'm tired of being caught in the rain like this. is there any reason why i can't convert to manual? it's ridiculous that these things would fail so easily.

also i'm very grateful for this forum for helping me with the VATS fix

ill take everything from your power set up! im lookin to go power lol
    dont be scared mr v8 its ONLY a sixer
    sig thanks to will

1LOMARO is offline Captain V6F-Body Bouncer
    LS PLUS Supporting Membership

Welcome to the club.....had to fix the driver side when I bought mine, and just as I get home from the gathering the passenger side decides to start screwing up......

"There is no shame in owning a V6. Anyone that makes fun of you is just upset that they spent more money than you, and their penis didn't get any bigger..."

You'll need the manual window regulator its different than the power one and then a crank. If you've had the panel off you'll notice there is another set of holes there and the manual one goes in those. Thats about all though.

The Famiry: 96 3.8 Camaro, 94 3400 swap Chicken 96 3.8 Firechicken, 87 5.0 IRoc, 95 Lt1 swap 3.4 Camaro, 95 Z28, 93 Trans Am RIP

Yea easy to do, you will just have to find all the parts. Seems you already have someone interested in a parts trade.

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

i wasn't expecting this kinda response, i got the impression that this forum might be a little on the dead side but it's good to see it isn't.

yeah my whole door panel is off, i didn't bother putting it back on when i took her for a test ride. i google'd up a motor/regulator for the bird and it seems that i'm looking at around $110, though i got my last one through a parts yard for $75 with my neighbor (worked for the parts yard) helping me install it. lasted a good year or so though.

really if i can find one at a reasonable price, i'll stay with power windows. i was assuming i could save some money going manual, and though i might in the long run, i'd sooner have electrics than manual if i can't save enough money to make it worthwhile.

firebirddrvr, i'd love to help ya out but i was looking at keeping the electric setup for the passenger side and making the driver side manual. ya know, having the best of both worlds

but yeah what's the going rate for an electric OEM motor/regulator vs an OEM manual setup? i'm about to go parts yard hunting since my local parts yard turned into a metal recycling center recently.

really depends on weather you go new or used (junkyard, forums etc). You can have window motors all day on ebay for 25 bucks with a lifetime warranty. really a good deal if you don't mind doing the swap in case the motor craps out on you. I would imagine you could pick up everything for the manual swap for less then 50 bucks from the junkyard. hardest part there would probably be finding a manual window fbody.

As for the forum, we never die. always people lurking around here

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

yeah over 30 bucks seems high enough
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

i dont want just one door lol i want the whole thing so i can convert the door panels too
    dont be scared mr v8 its ONLY a sixer
    sig thanks to will

ehhh I'm a little late...lol

But if you're still interested.

http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=2310&page=2
    I DRIVE A BLUE CAMARO

Thread Information