Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Tail of The Dragon

Default Mississippi Tail of The Dragon

This weekend (Nov17th) me and some of the guys from my car club are getting together to take on a stretch of curvy road and for lunch. Its a 30mile trip one way on a road thats supposed to be filled with a buttload of curves and hills....hopefully it will be fun and suspenseful. We're gonna hit the road between Foxworth, MS and Monticello, MS. If anyone is in the area and would like to join us, we want to extend an invitation to ya....come hang out with us and have fun. We'll be meeting around 9am in Columbia, MS at the Shell station at the corners of Hwy 98 and Hwy 13. We're gonna drive over to Foxworth then go make one or two runs back and forth, then find somewhere to eat and then maybe do it a few more times. Anyone who is interested can call me Friday night or Saturday to find out where we are or if you need info....Larry 601-299-0604.

AUscorp1 is offline First Sergeant LS PLUS Supporting Membership

Thanks for the invite. I hope you have fun and stay safe. I have obligations that day otherwise would try to head over.
    2001 Firebird Convertible, V6 4A, Y87, All Black, Daily Driver
    32MM Front Sway Bar; Whisper Lid

Hey not a problem...I figure the more the merrier. We will certainly try to have fun and stay safe at the same time. Im sure we'll have more things planned in the future, so you'll have more chances to come hang out.

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

wow that road look like fun from the map. If it wasn't a 5 hour drive to columbia, i'd be there. unfortunately i'm working on the car this weekend seems the cold weather has cause my maf, & tps to go on the fritz If ya'll do it again lemme know. I'd like to head down and ride.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

sure man, will do.....theres one place along the ride where theres a big washout or a dirtpit or something....anyways when you have your picture taken in front of it, it looks like youre at the grand canyon.....its awesome looking.

well Im about to head out to meet up with everyone else....should any of you guys be in the area and would like to join up....call me, 601-299-0604.

Oh yeah, since the Tail of the Dragon is already taken and so well known AND seeing how this is Mississippi, Ive decided that this run will be called Tail of the Possum. lmaooooooo!!! Will add pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Well guys, I made it back....I ran the route twice each way (36 miles one way). All of the route was fun, but one curve liked to have bit me in the ass....took one corner too fast, realized it was sharper than I thought, and fishtailed it through the curve. Man, you talk about scaring the crap out of me.....70 thru a curve lined with pinetrees will take a few years off of ya....lol. Anyhoo, we stopped at a place called Red Bluff, its kind of Mississippi's little version of the Grand Canyon. Heres a link to the pics.

http://www.southernfbody.com/useralb...2-pics.85/view
    Last edited by LarryMow; 11-17-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryMow View Post
    Well guys, I made it back....I ran the route twice each way (36 miles one way). All of the route was fun, but one curve liked to have bit me in the ass....took one corner too fast, realized it was sharper than I thought, and fishtailed it through the curve. Man, you talk about scaring the crap out of me.....70 thru a curve lined with pinetrees will take a few years off of ya....lol. Anyhoo, we stopped at a place called Red Bluff, its kind of Mississippi's little version of the Grand Canyon. Heres a link to the pics.

http://www.southernfbody.com/useralb...2-pics.85/view
    Sounds like a blast. I need to get the Bone out and drive it like I built the suspension for.

My 2000 Camaro SS/RS Wannabe. Proud non-member of PHK

AUscorp1 is offline First Sergeant LS PLUS Supporting Membership

That does look like a good cruise. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope to get the chance to tame the Tail of the Possum with you sometime.

How much seat cushion did you have to dig out after your near 'incident'?
    2001 Firebird Convertible, V6 4A, Y87, All Black, Daily Driver
    32MM Front Sway Bar; Whisper Lid

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

there's a little pot hole in the road there.... lol

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Thread Information