Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To: Fix that Cracked Dash

Great idea. Looks really good. I will definitely have to try it on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChicken View Post
    Wanna come up and do mine?! I need to fix it, but I don't even know how to get the damn thing out!
    it's really easy, just time consuming to make sure it looks right. remove the side pillars an it just snap in place.

How did you get the side pillars off ? Seeing how the upper dash pads are differnt in the 93 - 96 and 97 + would they also need to be removed on my 97?

Quote Originally Posted by nosc View Post
    How did you get the side pillars off ? Seeing how the upper dash pads are differnt in the 93 - 96 and 97 + would they also need to be removed on my 97?
    yes, theres two screws at the top for the t-tops and verts, hard tops just snap in to place.

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
    yes, theres two screws at the top for the t-tops and verts, hard tops just snap in to place.
    Ok so with mine being a hard top they just pop off . Sorry for the questions but I am going to do this soon as I can find the vinyl , just trying not to break anything is all.

yep, I guess on the hard top you would start pulling it lose at the back, to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by nosc View Post
    yeah just try sliding your finger under it it kinds has a lip.
    BTW be really careful taking the dash pad itself off. that little bastard is on there pretty good.

AND WHATEVER YOU DO, WHEN YOU HAVE THE DASH PAD OUT, DONT F'IN DROP IT ON THE CEMENT FLOOR!!! (gluing it all back together was not fun)

oh and i also recommend cleaning the top of the dash pad off with some sort or degreaser, mine was covered in armoral and i couldent get a damn thing to stick to it.

1996 Camaro 3.8L - SOLD
    2002 Lexus IS300

Man you are great with Vinyl. I redid my door panels and it took me like 6 hours! I just used some fiberglass on my 3rd gen dash and sanded it. If I want a new texture they make spray bomb paints for that.

Well guys I didnt think my results would be as good as the above was , I also didnt want to have to take my interior apart. This is mostly due to the immense hatred / fear of the dread snap then oh sh*t moment. Sooooooooo I got a coverylay cap for it , I would have pictures of it but as I type this I have wieghts ( ie nikes and boots ) holding the cap down while the adhesive dries. Tomorrow sometime I will get some pics , from what I could see before adding the wieghts it looked pretty good like a uncracked dashpad should ....I think seeing how I have never actually seen one.

Im about to attemp to do this, the weather is getting good. the only thing Im really worried about is how to cut round the defrost vent.

3.4L with some goodies
    custom paint with a touch of 1978
    http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=3065

Thread Information