Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I5

Default I5

As you may have seen on other forums, I'm no longer driving a v6. Got my "new" car home today. I still have the Camaro, but its going to be gone as soon as I get a decent offer. I never drive it from October-April anyways, so I wouldn't have it out anyways.

In the last picture you can see the Accord that I've been using as my winter car/DD for the past few years. It simply got too boring to drive. Its very comfortable and spacious, I just needed something different... something that I actually enjoyed being in.

I initially wanted to look for a $5,000 GM 3.8 (GTP or something), then looked at $12,000 Audis with higher miles, and ended up with a $18,000 Volvo, haha.

I think...those came with the 5 cylinder? What engine and trans does that have? Any plans for mods? Nice ride.

nice car there...not bad on performance and a very safe vehicle. they are good for what low 15's high 14's?

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

sucks youre getting rid of the camaro...
    dont be scared mr v8 its ONLY a sixer
    sig thanks to will

Shame you're getting rid of the camaro .... especially with that hood on it!

It is the i5, 2.5T with an A5. All the numbers I have seen say that it should be a low 15 second car. I have talked to people who have them that say it is actually in the 14s though.

I've simply lost interest in the Camaro. Its a fun car, but I'm just not into it enough.

The Volvo won't be modded much, if at all. Mods are really expensive. An exhaust is like $900...
    I'll probably get a sound system, tint, and MAYBE exhaust. Thats all though.

Im sure you can pick up some ponies with just some tuning. Nice car, I like camaro better though.
    2000 Firebird- full boltons and other goodies | 1/4: 15.3 @88.87-SOLD

2000 Camaro Z28- SLP lid/smooth bellows | SLP Dual/Dual | UMI SFCs/STB | 2.73s| 13.2@106

Yeah, looks like I could easily get it up to almost 300hp... it just costs some money.

The Camaro is cool and all... but its honestly not a "professional" car. I need something I can feel comfortable going to interviews in, taking girls on dates in, etc. No offense or anything, but the society I live in just isn't impressed by how loud your car is. It may be cool for some people, I understand that, but its not valued by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by urethralsponge View Post
    Yeah, looks like I could easily get it up to almost 300hp... it just costs some money.

The Camaro is cool and all... but its honestly not a "professional" car. I need something I can feel comfortable going to interviews in, taking girls on dates in, etc. No offense or anything, but the society I live in just isn't impressed by how loud your car is. It may be cool for some people, I understand that, but its not valued by everyone.
    Nice car though, should last awhile too...

1996 Y87 Camaro : stock for now

Thanks.

Just got my first delivery for it. Nothing serious... direct ipod adapter, all weather floor mats, a paint pen for a chip, and an emblem. I'm going to take the "2.5T" off and replace it with one that says "IPD" (one of the big aftermarket companies). It is the same chrome and all, so I figure it will look slick.

Thread Information