Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding LED lights to your interior - More 93-96 Specific **UPDATED**

Quote Originally Posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    yeah, that's where I got them. How do you think they will look? I got "cool white". I'm hoping that it's still the oarngeish/red colors but a lot brighter and clearer.
    Cool whites are the ones I got. They will look BRIGHT. superbrightleds.com is more than just a name.

My 2000 Camaro SS/RS Wannabe. Proud non-member of PHK

yeah, it says on the package if it doesn't work one way then switch it around.

93 3.4 Firebird
    Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR, Custom Cam, Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's and Disk Brakes, OBD-1 Swap.
    Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com Tune By Wot-Tech.com

If I were to do this would it be possible to do the 2nd gear start switch, the defrost switch, and the bose headunit.

The Famiry: 96 3.8 Camaro, 94 3400 swap Chicken 96 3.8 Firechicken, 87 5.0 IRoc, 95 Lt1 swap 3.4 Camaro, 95 Z28, 93 Trans Am RIP

Does anyone know of a simple way or have a suggestion that makes installing the map lights easy?
    <a href=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/roosduster/Camaro.jpg target=_blank>http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ter/Camaro.jpg</a>

There isn't much that helps. If you have tiny fingers maybe lol. I got mine in easiest with some needle nose pliers.

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

I made a little hook out of a paper clip.

Just as an FYI the brightest single LEDs anywhere are made by CREE Leds they are the the same kind you find in they highest end lightbars and whatnot

|Bonemaro 11:44| Bonology is the belief that there is only one superior car... being the black Camaro.

I just got the bird untarped yesterday so I will be doing my LED install soon.

93 3.4 Firebird
    Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR, Custom Cam, Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's and Disk Brakes, OBD-1 Swap.

OK...

here's an update for you guys.

the LED that I tried to put in the license plate was too long/big so even though it fit fine in the socket, the socket wouldn't fit back in the housing with the LED in it. Maybe a different LED would fit but the one I tried definitely did not.

Also, there are NO door bezel lights in my car. I don't know why I thought there was. So those bulbs are useless too.

Only good news is that the glove box LED went in fine....

93 3.4 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    the LED that I tried to put in the license plate was too long/big so even though it fit fine in the socket, the socket wouldn't fit back in the housing with the LED in it.
    Mine too... I just shoved it in there the best I could. It's not even sealed up back there... just wedged in. However, that was a year ago and it still works fine, so...

Thread Information