Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Interior LED Swap for 97-02 Camaros

BTW I ordered a gauge bezel from eBay. When I installed the lights I was looking at the plastic panel around it & it didn't seem as if it is easy to remove. How did you remove your'es?

If you got the bezel and cluster out, itll be a cake walk to get the plastic piece out. But it definitely woulda been easier to do it all at once. Theres just 4 tabs in each corner, kinda push them all in at once, and then just pull the plastic off. ppiece of cake

Only thing that might be hard, idk how you did it. but i had a really tough time getting the cluster out with the plastic still on it. I got the cluster loose, took the plastic piece off, and then got the cluster out. so however you did it will only be benefical to you.. (probably shows it in your video but i just skimmed threw it on my phone)

not sure which overlay you're getting, but some tips out be.. i had to pull the little needle thing that sticks out that the speedo needle rests on. takes some effort but it pops right out and back in.

For the actual overlay, I pointed all the needles straight up. and slid the overlay down. used an extra set of hands to press down on the overlay near the needles so it wouldnt put pressure on them. Last thing I wanted was to break one. and i did it pretty easy.

Also, dont lose the trip reset button. theres the push thing and a spring. and it can be tricky to get it back in. and when i put the plastic thing back in, the RPM needle was hanging down to far and the plastic thing actually pinched it to the cluster. so i had to retake the thing off and make sure it didnt do that again.

2002 35th Anniversary Camaro
    SLP CAI&Lid, filter, and ZZP baffle delete
    32/19 WS6 Sway bars w/ poly bushings, BMR STB
    C5 Y2K wheels WS6 hood. Full LED swap

Hmm?

2002 35th Anniversary Camaro
    SLP CAI&Lid, filter, and ZZP baffle delete
    32/19 WS6 Sway bars w/ poly bushings, BMR STB
    C5 Y2K wheels WS6 hood. Full LED swap

Thread Information