Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: custom ram air/intake

Default custom ram air/intake

anyone ever try makin their own ram air intake on a 4th gen? I'm contemplatin deletin my fogs (since they don't work anyway) and puttin a mesh grill in and pipin air straight up to a Y to feed air along with my CAI. my main concern would be water but how do people stop this on true ram air setups? any other forseeable issues? I know it may not be a huge help with intake but it would be cool and fun to try...

I think it would create too much turbulance if it was a Y.

perhaps if you just routed the intake into one of the fog light areas but it would still require a bunch of bends which wouldn't help it that much.

as far as water I dunno, I know some people running CAIs and have never had water issues and some people who have done the FRA on top of the radiator and have pulled water somehow.

does it rain alot where you are?

|Free Ram Air::K&N Filter::Shaved Lid::Silencer Delete::Magnaflow Catalytic Converter::Custom 3 Inch Pypes M80 Catback|

i've seen the foglights used for brake cooling before.

ive seen a setup done on the later model 4th gens (catfish style if you will lol). It acually looked awesome and performed well. There was a lot to it, as the bumper foam had to be trimed, and bumper brackets had to be trimed. I have looked for that thread every since i seen it, but havent been able to locate it yet.

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

|Free Ram Air::K&N Filter::Shaved Lid::Silencer Delete::Magnaflow Catalytic Converter::Custom 3 Inch Pypes M80 Catback|

mmmmmmm air lol. I feel like that intake jay does no more than a regular CAI as it is chrome tubing over the top and in front of the radiator. to the OP Just get a chrome intake off ebay. it'll be easy in the long run

I have a $120 ebay chrome intake that really added noticeable power...It feeds the filter to right in front of the drivers side wheel well and is about 1 inch above the bottom of the front bumper. And rain, snow, and ice haven't affected it at all in the year I've had it.

Change - A word that disguises the rearrangement of the government from Democracy to any of the following: Communism, Monarchy, Fascism, Anarchy, etc.

already have the full length chrome intake off ebay and i too noticed quite a boost in performance just with that, i was simply looking to take it further...and plz describe how it was used for brake cooling...

Will, I was posting that for Freak, I think that's what he was looking for.

Ross, that's what I was gonna tell him, I think I'm gonna get a Chrome Intake for my bird.

and Mav, you're gonna take the lights out and route intake tubing to behind the wheels towards the brakes, and the ram air effect will help keep the brakes cooler improving wear and durability.

it's a really simple mod.

Thats not the one i was thinking of Italia. This was on a v6 car and had to inlets in the 2 holes on either side of the bumper (to the side of where camaro is stamped on our front bumpers)

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

Thread Information