Thread: New/Old Toy

Default New/Old Toy

I was out in the booneys on a dirt road and saw a old junky ass 1985 Short box Chevy S-10 in a field. Stopped and asked if it was for sale. Guy said If I could drag it to the road I could have it. 2 hours later, after dragging it thru mud and pig shit I finally got it to the road, loaded it on the trailor and took it to the car wash then home. There was no motor or tranny, pleanty of dead bees, it was a 2.8 V6 model with a 5 spd. the body is really solid, paint and interior is shot. Gotta replace the brake lines, slap on some wheels. Wires are chewed to crap. These trucks are very very easy to fix up. "I also got the title" I'm strongly considering a v8 swap with a 350 turbo and maybe lower it? Pics coming soon.

i would love to have a v8 swapped s10. my friend has a newer extreme is is starting a ls1 swap on in the near future.

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

sweet deal

|Free Ram Air::K&N Filter::Shaved Lid::Silencer Delete::Magnaflow Catalytic Converter::Custom 3 Inch Pypes M80 Catback|

Yikes. and Congrats. and Good Luck!
    Bethany, 1995 3.4 V6 Firebird--"Ellie", 2001 3.8 V6 Firebird--"Missy", 1988 Trans Am GTA--"Emma", 1998 NBM T/A--"Lacey"

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChicken View Post
    I'm a classically trained musician. And an Auto Tech. With painted fingernails and I can cook, too.

The body and frame is about the only solid thing on the truck. The brake/fuel lines are dust. Grab them with your hands and they fall apart. Brakes and fuel lines went back with brand new componets. Stole a 20gallon fuel cell from my buddy and mounted it in the bed. Besides sanding her down and some primer......it's going into the garage n gettin coverd up till this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderChicken View Post
    Yikes. and Congrats. and Good Luck!
    What she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeRo View Post
    The body and frame is about the only solid thing on the truck. The brake/fuel lines are dust. Grab them with your hands and they fall apart. Brakes and fuel lines went back with brand new componets. Stole a 20gallon fuel cell from my buddy and mounted it in the bed. Besides sanding her down and some primer......it's going into the garage n gettin coverd up till this winter.
    I thought I wanted to go through all that kinda trouble for my 83 bird but seeing how much work and $ will be spent by the time I got it close to running eh I lost interest before it began.

Hopefully your more into working on cars, lol.
    -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans "Donna" | '89 Formula 350 "Anubis"

Quote Originally Posted by 96V6Bird View Post
    What she said...

I thought I wanted to go through all that kinda trouble for my 83 bird but seeing how much work and $ will be spent by the time I got it close to running eh I lost interest before it began.

Hopefully your more into working on cars, lol.
    Actually...swapping a carb V8 into a 3rd gen is not bad. Doing it right cost a little money. It can be done cheap if you get your hands on a motor n trans for a good price. V8 swap on a S-10 is simular, Biggest ordeal is the engine mounts and exhaust. If the body is carb and you want to go fuel injection......your going to pay lol.

UPDATE on the POS. I needs new camera lol. Long story short........Truck was painted flat black, slapped a set of 15'' cragars on the truck, replaced the seats, carpet, interior plastic and swapped it for a old ass Farmall lowboy yard tractor with a plow, belly mower and snow blower.

Thread Information