Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Laura's Build of Blue Christine

Quote Originally Posted by 3.8blackmaro View Post
    So when are they going on the car? They do look pretty good, just be careful to not break any of the manifold bolts or studs. Soak them with loads of Blaster.
    Yez sir! We are waiting to put them on for this reason. Plan is to soak the bolts for 24 hours in blaster. Also trying to wait for cooler temps which may help in removing the old bolts, not to mention it will not be so miserable outside. Hopefully next weekend will be less busy and a bit cooler

1995 3.4l

Quote Originally Posted by Lauraloo2552 View Post
    Yez sir! We are waiting to put them on for this reason. Plan is to soak the bolts for 24 hours in blaster. Also trying to wait for cooler temps which may help in removing the old bolts, not to mention it will not be so miserable outside. Hopefully next weekend will be less busy and a bit cooler
    Good luck! It should sound pretty sweet with the new manifold!

I guess I was just lucky, all my stock manifold bolts where just hand tight no issues at all.

Just waiting on my new plug wires to arrive. Should be cooler outside this weekend. If the wires arrive on time, headers will be ok to go.

1995 3.4l

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

sweet headers ftw! good luck. I hope no bolt snap trying to take the old exhaust mani's off.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    sweet headers ftw! good luck. I hope no bolt snap trying to take the old exhaust mani's off.
    I have a really bad feeling that no amount of blaster or liquid wrench will prevent this from occurring. Just a bad gut feeling. I hope I am wrong about it though.

1995 3.4l

I picked this up today for $100. Its not in great shape but nothing that cant be sanded or painted to make it look shiny and new again. I dont know what style hood this is, I just know that it is supposed to fit 93-97 camaros. I like it though

1995 3.4l

It's a harwood ram air, if it's real it's a non working, fully finished underside and the gel coat fiberglass should be black.

Well in there link it looks like it works. http://www.eharwood.com/catalog/prod...?productID=399
    Last edited by fbodyrs96; 09-06-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
    I guess I was just lucky, all my stock manifold bolts where just hand tight no issues at all.
    You and whatever other owners obviously babied the shit out of your car. Im jealous. My car is the total opposite and every owner except for maybe keith and i rode this thing so hard into the ground.

Can you imagine how hot the headers on mine have gotten? Plus yours only goes out on good days, if water touches it while its hot it can warp and....uhg. Im not even gonna try to take mine off, again good luck!

I didn't get this car until 2005, yes it was low miles , but far form perfect and who knows what the orginal owner did or didn't do. Also I think that since the car has always been a georgia car helps out not rust and such.

But it did have all the famous oil leaks a week after I got it an the famous rippers drivers seat.

Oh yeah my front header bolt pass side was already broke and my stock y pipe to manifold was held together with vise grips, free tools are nice lol
    Last edited by fbodyrs96; 09-06-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Thread Information