Page 258 of 259 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259 LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2581

Thread: OperationX

Post Day 3336 "It's turned a bit crazy"

See original post here

Operation X

I think I’ve officially gotten to the “mad scientist” crazy with my ideas. I’ve integrated a tablet into the dash, automated the door locks and ignition, and plan to install a small computer or something that I can code to for custom stuff. But now I’m flirting with one now that effects the drive-ability of the car. (Still safe just different) Its a normal problem but my solution is not. I wouldn’t spoil anything just yet but it does effect the rear glass. You can make a few assumptions based on that. I had to strip the GoPro mounts and the V6FB logo(again). This is more of an experiment. This week I should be able to post a full explanation with photos.

Oh man! I can't wait!!

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles
    Shortstar Swap in the Works...

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

Expect it to be WTF crazy level. Half of me is scratching my head asking why am I doing this?

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    Expect it to be WTF crazy level. Half of me is scratching my head asking why am I doing this?
    ...and the other half is scratching somewhere else.

My 2000 Camaro SS/RS Wannabe. Proud non-member of PHK

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
    ...and the other half is scratching somewhere else.
    or someone else

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Post Day 3414 "Time to get back at it"

See original post here
    Operation X
    Well it’s been 8 months of working on a house but it’s done. It’s time to get back to all the projects I left unfinished. That includes OperationX. There are several things I’ve done during this 8 months that just haven’t been posted except little hints and vague references. I’m sorry for not getting everything posted. I’ll be catching up on the Car and get back to rolling on posts as well.
    The Garage is a complete mess but its pretty much ready for me to do what ever I want inside. I’ll be posting a little bit of that but only if its relates to the car. Overall I’m pretty stoked about the garage. But I still haven’t been able to park in it yet, which is a bummer. I also haven’t been taking good care of the car either. It’s way over due on an oil change and probably several other things as well as a good wash. You can tell in this photo just how filthy it got. Its rained since so the layer of dust is gone but the filth just sticks to it.
    I finally can get back to business as usual. I have lots of big tasks on going. The car is literally in pieces. I’ve been driving it with half a dash since the first of the year. None of my new gauges are hooked up. All my electronics are disabled. I was in the middle of redoing all my wiring and the house happened. So, I’ll be very happy to get my push button start, autolock and unlock, and the gauges back. Using keys are just boring now lol. I even managed to ditch the keys on the house with some nifty coded deadbolts. I’m liking it.
    Last edited by xpbr2000; 10-24-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankForged.com View Post
    [URL = "https://is.gd/4kC7EB"]See original post here[/URL]
    Operation X
    Well itís been 8 months of working on a house but itís done. Itís time to get back to all the projects I left unfinished. That includes OperationX. There are several things Iíve done during this 8 months that just havenít been posted except little hints and vague references. Iím sorry for not getting everything posted. Iíll be catching up on the Car and get back to rolling on posts as well.
    The Garage is a complete mess but its pretty much ready for me to do what ever I want inside. Iíll be posting a little bit of that but only if its relates to the car. Overall Iím pretty stoked about the garage. But I still havenít been able to park in it yet, which is a bummer. I also havenít been taking good care of the car either. Itís way over due on an oil change and probably several other things as well as a good wash. You can tell in this photo just how filthy it got. Its rained since so the layer of dust is gone but the filth just sticks to it.
    I finally can get back to business as usual. I have lots of big tasks on going. The car is literally in pieces. Iíve been driving it with half a dash since the first of the year. None of my new gauges are hooked up. All my electronics are disabled. I was in the middle of redoing all my wiring and the house happened. So, Iíll be very happy to get my push button start, autolock and unlock, and the gauges back. Using keys are just boring now lol. I even managed to ditch the keys on the house with some nifty coded deadbolts. Iím liking it.
    Oh yeah?

Post Day 3416 "300,000 Mile Club"

See original post here
    Yesterday I was on a 200 mile trip and noticed that I would pass my 300,000 mile mark during the trip. I would definitely have missed it if it had happened during my daily drive. About 10 miles from 300k, I started to get nervous that I would miss it driving on the highway. LOL
    Not much is left from the original car but the chassis itself. It sits on all new or used replacements. even the motor has 100,000 less miles. But the number means the same to me. Since 2003 I’ve put 140,000 of those miles on this car myself and loved every minute of it. I look forward to the Half-a-Million club. At my current pace of 10k per year it will be 2040 before I get there lol

Post Day 3427 "Still in the gravel"

See original post here
    More maintenance required before I can even pull into the garage. Yet another repair in the gravel. This wasn’t super difficult or long to fix. It’s just that I have a garage to do this stuff on smooth comfortable concrete and I’m still stuck in the gravel lol.
    I’m afraid its going to be a minute before I can bring in some more dirt and gravel to raise the drive to the garage to pull in anyway. I have to move the metal carport and build a french drain for when I raise the drive it doesn’t try to go through the garage to get away. So, this work in the gravel may still be the case even after the first of the year. By the time I get into the garage I wont have anything regular to fix so maybe that will line me to to start the SC build straight away. ūüėÄ
    Anyway, I heard some metal on metal in the rear brakes. I knew what was up. these are the same pads I’ve been rocking since I swapped to this rear end. They weren’t new then either lol.
    I’ll have to get these rotors turned at some point too.
    I also found my first casualty from the construction zone. Gotta get that fixed too. :-\
    And always torque to spec lol

It always impresses me how you handle your nuts properly.

Thread Information