Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Dark Side

Default Project Dark Side

I'm starting over. I have some new goals for my car, and a new attitude. Before I was scared of what might happen to my car. I didn't know anything about fixing cars, and I was constantly stressed out thinking "what am I gonna do if my car breaks?" Well now I have a basic set of tools, knowledge, and motivation. I'm no longer scared of my car, i'm actually really excited to start working on it tomorrow. I can't wait to start taking shit apart

My goal is to restore my car with inexpensive solutions. One example of this was painting my entire car for $25. I'm going to take my time with this and do it right. By the way if it's no big deal I'd like to delete or hide my previous thread "Progress Diary". This is a fresh start for me and my car.

Last edited by Video; 10-25-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Tomorrow i'm going to pull everything out of the car, upholstery, plastics etc. and really get my hands on everything inside my car. I want to know what everything looks like underneath. I want to make it mine, not someone else's project that they threw on me. I'm starting from scratch. I'm going to redo the wiring myself to make sure its done correctly, and fix the rear blinker and rear speakers.

Also going to spray some more night shade on the front blinkers and side markers, and touch up the body paint. I'll give him a good bath after that. This is second priority so this might wait until tomorrow. I'm not gonna rush anything. Sorry about the bad quality picture by the way, it was dim.

old thread has been closed sir. lets kick this one off!
    Thanks to Dustin for my sigpic!!!
    My F-Body history: http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=4352
    Current car: http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=4522

Quote Originally Posted by kdm212 View Post
    old thread has been closed sir. lets kick this one off!
    Sounds good! I'll have plenty of pictures tomorrow!

WAHOOOOO.

Sounds like ya got the right mind set for it bud,good luck and hope it ends up being an awesome build dude

I follow the ABC's of life...Ass,Booze,and Camaros

Quote Originally Posted by grimm02 View Post
    Sounds like ya got the right mind set for it bud,good luck and hope it ends up being an awesome build dude
    Me too. This is my first car that I got 6 months ago, and i'm already 24 years old. I've been walking everywhere for so long, I guess i became paranoid every time my car broke down. I got overwhelmed and just said screw it ill sell it and just be a bum again.

Well i'm done with that. Why not have some fun with it? Im sorta stuck right now anyway. I cant go too far with my car with the coolant leak. So until i can get that fixed I'm gonna do as much as I can, get a job closer by and walk if I have to. But at least I'll know i've got my car waiting for me at home.

This car has taught me so much. How could I give that away? What i thought was a nightmare was really a fantastic journey. My car is obviously trying to teach me something and it's time for me to listen.
    Last edited by Video; 09-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.

You'll be so happy when it's a raging beast. Plus the personal pride and accomplishment you'll feel will make it extremely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne_RS View Post
    You'll be so happy when it's a raging beast. Plus the personal pride and accomplishment you'll feel will make it extremely worth it.
    Aww man i'm pumped. I don't think im gonna be able to sleep tonight Tomorrow is the first day in a long while i'll have all to myself. No work, no girlfriend...just my car and i.

When you can really put your heart and soul into your car it becomes more than just your car but an extension of your yourself. Becomes your pride and joy then

I follow the ABC's of life...Ass,Booze,and Camaros

Thread Information