Thread: Oil pan removal..

Default Oil pan removal..

How is the oil pan removal on the 3.8? When under the car replacing the rear main, it looked as if the oil pan might be leaking a bit as well, and low and behold, there are a few drops on the y-pipe again. luckily not nearly as bad. Anyway, it looked almost as if I'd have to drop the engine and get the k-member out of the way. Any truth to this?

The motor mount bolts bust be removed, and the engine raise a bit to do it.

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

how much is meant by a "bit?"

So the rest of the connections can remain in tact, so long as the engine mounts are disconnected, and the engine raised up within the area available to the top of the engine to the cowl?

i want to say it ends up being 3-4 inches. I belive the oil level sensor must be disconnected as well.

|freakv6 12:21| bone will let people take his car out for joy rides at the g14
    |Pace 12:22| I vote we take the freak out for some joyrides.
    |freakv6 12:22| you can pace, then maybe you can drive the car afterwords

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
    how much is meant by a "bit?"

So the rest of the connections can remain in tact, so long as the engine mounts are disconnected, and the engine raised up within the area available to the top of the engine to the cowl?
    Yes. It's possible, I've managed to do it.

Racetronix 255lb/hr walbro fuel pump assembly and redundant wiring harness, Lucas 42.5 pound/hour Fuel Injectors,160°F INTENSE thermostat, Autolite® Racing and High Performance Spark Plugs, Valve Cover Breather of course, 1.7 Yella Terra Roller Rockers & Pushrods, CompCams 105# Valve Springs,CompCams High Performance Valve Locks, Manley Titanium Performance Valvespring Retainers, some random Intercooler, and a yippy skippy garret turbo from an alice chalmers tractor

I feel for you having to do this, I have never done it but I can't see it being in anyway fun. Let us know how it went when you get it done.

It's a PITA.
    Y87 Package
    MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
    Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdkid96 View Post
    It's a PITA.
    Yes it is. You have to maneuver the pan around the pickup tube with how the oil pan gasket is made with "ribs" It's tricky but it's possible. The higher you get the engine though, the easier it will be.

Racetronix 255lb/hr walbro fuel pump assembly and redundant wiring harness, Lucas 42.5 pound/hour Fuel Injectors,160°F INTENSE thermostat, Autolite® Racing and High Performance Spark Plugs, Valve Cover Breather of course, 1.7 Yella Terra Roller Rockers & Pushrods, CompCams 105# Valve Springs,CompCams High Performance Valve Locks, Manley Titanium Performance Valvespring Retainers, some random Intercooler, and a yippy skippy garret turbo from an alice chalmers tractor

AHHHHH my friend the oil pan. first time i did it... it took a while. i can do it in a afternoon now. you do have to lift the engine from the top. just pull it up to the firewall.
    Sometimes ur knight in shining armor is really just a retard in tin foil

Thread Information