Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1970 Camaro Z28

AUscorp1 is offline First Sergeant LS PLUS Supporting Membership

Beautiful car and good to see it gets driven.

My uncle has a second gen that has been in storage since the 1980s. It may never see the road again.
    2001 Firebird Convertible, V6 4A, Y87, All Black, Daily Driver
    32MM Front Sway Bar; Whisper Lid

Quote Originally Posted by AUscorp1 View Post
    Beautiful car and good to see it gets driven.

My uncle has a second gen that has been in storage since the 1980s. It may never see the road again.
    I would'nt say it may never see the road again, even though it's in storage, chances are it may get driven in the future.

AUscorp1 is offline First Sergeant LS PLUS Supporting Membership

My dad said my uncle pulled it out of storage to look it over. It is in pretty rough shape just from sitting in storage in Nebraska. It may get redone if my cousin (his son) follows through with automotive technician school.
    We'll see. I have not seen it, but it may be a good candidate for someone to build into a drag car instead of a show car or occasional driver. It does have Hooker headers w/side pipes.
    2001 Firebird Convertible, V6 4A, Y87, All Black, Daily Driver
    32MM Front Sway Bar; Whisper Lid

Quote Originally Posted by AUscorp1 View Post
    My dad said my uncle pulled it out of storage to look it over. It is in pretty rough shape just from sitting in storage in Nebraska. It may get redone if my cousin (his son) follows through with automotive technician school.
    We'll see. I have not seen it, but it may be a good candidate for someone to build into a drag car instead of a show car or occasional driver. It does have Hooker headers w/side pipes.
    I would say to go with the drag car, since you mentioned it's in rough shape and it's easy to work on the motor with all room underneath the hood when replacing parts on it. What year is it btw? Hope your cousin does go through with the auto tech program, i did the two year program that was (only) available at my college, and it was worth it.

I can't believe I missed this thread: I will surely die for this but I must profess I prefer the styling the first three years of the 2nd generation of Camaros to the 67/68/69 Huggers.

I own a book who's chapter on the car is titled "The working man's Ferrari" and stylistically it is: C&D said it would be equally at home in a villa in Monaco as it would screaming down route 66.

I'll bet the first word out of the dudes who styled the 69/70 Mustangs was "damn"

Pewter Six, you have one gorgeous 70 Z/28 there: That blue is what most people have in mind when they think 2nd generation Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by D-shifter View Post
    I can't believe I missed this thread: I will surely die for this but I must profess I prefer the styling the first three years of the 2nd generation of Camaros to the 67/68/69 Huggers.

I own a book who's chapter on the car is titled "The working man's Ferrari" and stylistically it is: C&D said it would be equally at home in a villa in Monaco as it would screaming down route 66.

I'll bet the first word out of the dudes who styled the 69/70 Mustangs was "damn"

Pewter Six, you have one gorgeous 70 Z/28 there: That blue is what most people have in mind when they think 2nd generation Camaro.
    Thanks for the comment! Whenever i'm driving it around, most people want to take pictures of it; Even some of my friends, who are big time Mustangs fans, are impressed by it.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline Sergeant Major LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Site Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by D-shifter View Post
    I will surely die for this but I must profess I prefer the styling the first three years of the 2nd generation of Camaros to the 67/68/69 Huggers.

I do love me a split-bumper Camaro, but don't call me a 68 hugger

2013 Camaro 1LS | 00 Monte Carlo SS | 68 Camaro SS

Default Re: 1970 Camaro Z28

This may very well change my opinion, cause its such a great looking car, but I always liked 1st Gen camaros over 2nd.

But will always like 2nd Gen firebirds over 1st. My dad had a 79 and 81 trans am. Awesome f**king cars. Miss those things

2002 35th Anniversary Camaro
    SLP CAI&Lid, filter, and ZZP baffle delete
    32/19 WS6 Sway bars w/ poly bushings, BMR STB
    C5 Y2K wheels WS6 hood. Full LED swap

Nice car man! I love the classics

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post

I do love me a split-bumper Camaro, but don't call me a 68 hugger
    "The Hugger" is an old Camaro nickname and even part of a famous Camaro Color "Hugger Orange"

And keeping with theme of the thread: I used a 1970 Z/28's photo to illustrate.
    Last edited by D-shifter; 02-13-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Thread Information