Thread: Not so new ride

Default Not so new ride

Hey everyone, just wanted to share a little piece of family history with everyone. So my family co-founded a town out in Alberta Canada a long ass time ago and we've been out visiting family this past week. Me and my dad went to my great grandfathers property and found a bunch of old cars in what they called the graveyard. Half of the cars were in 2 feet of water in a slough, but there was several that weren't. One being a late 70s trans am with the 6.6L. Unfortunately, it's beat. No chance of restoring it. But what we did find, was a 1956 Vanguard Sportsman which was imported out of Australia. From what I've read, it's 1 of only 901 that were made as far as I can tell. It's in rough shape as it's been sitting since 1990, but we have all the registration papers and it's 100% bone stock. The best part? There's no grass growing through any of the floor, or even the engine bay. I'll upload pictures tomorrow after we get her loaded up on the trailer, but the point of this thread is that I have myself a not so new car to restore!! I want everyone's opinion on this and I know that threads are worthless without pics so I'll get those up ASAP tomorrow! Thanks for giving this a read guys! Have a good night.

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

thats very cool, too bad the 2nd gen wasn't salvageable. pics pics pics!

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

I'll grab some pics of the bird while I'm there as well. There's also quite a few other old ones, like a 70s 4door nova but we havn't figured out if it's salvagable.

Hell yeah! Treasure hunt!

How's that going?

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles
    Shortstar Swap in the Works...

Thread Information