Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2000 VW Jetta

Yeah at the time the wife had a shit box and I had the Camaro. I wasn't comfortable with her and the baby in it and we had no money so I put up my Camaro as a down payment on a 2014 corolla and I got stuck with the shit box. I upgraded to this. The deal sorta fell in my lap. Definitely would never try to get a European car but I've Sorta fell in love with it. Its such a fun car

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk

Damn dude, that sucks. Love the jettas though. My girl has an 08 city. Not the best engine but it's fun to drive around and has great mileage haha
    '95 3.4L Camaro-- Top end swap in progress >

Quote Originally Posted by Robindehood View Post
    Damn dude, that sucks. Love the jettas though. My girl has an 08 city. Not the best engine but it's fun to drive around and has great mileage haha
    this thing scoots for sure. And now that its lowered takes corners like nothing ive experienced before, and ive driven a lot of cars at my work.

New to do list. I sold the rims and tires...i spent too much money...oh well. My car will essentially be a "sleeper". I sold the aftermarket headlights and tails too so other than being low its completely stock looking. However sleepers are usually fast so...yeah. I guess im pretty quick around corners. Anyway heres what needs to be done. Cheapest first. Will probably do the first 3 sunday.

Touch up paint on hood
    Buff headlights
    Paint rear emblem
    Replace driver side cv shaft
    Install front fender liners
    Drain/fill transmission
    Replace rear tail light

Still need to replace rear emblem and tail light, replace the driver cv shaft and drain/fill the tranny.

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

that looks nice!

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Car is back from the shop. New head gasket and everything that goes along with it like the intake gasket spark plugs, oil changed etc. Cylinder head got shaved/decked .015". New water pump, timing belt/pulleys. Runs awesome. I also had the transmission fluid changed.

Heres an updated list of whats going on next in order with links. Total comes to about $2000. After everything performance goes on ill work on getting some rims on there. I come from different background than these VW kids who slam there cars and throw crazy rims on and dont drop a cent on performance parts. I might even leave the hub caps and go for a sleeper look. Wouldnt it be sick to have a turbo 2.0 in the most unsuspecting car. Anyway im dreaming. Itll be slow and one at a time since ill be slowly paying back $1500 for the repair to my dad who helped me out...

Axle Shaft

Downpipe/Catalytic Converter

Steel Skid Plate

Cold Air Intake

Cat-Back Exhaust System

Short Shift Kit

Coilover Kit

Thread Information