Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: 3.4L/3400

Good reason to be torn! I guess I would go with the T/A since it sounds like it is more of what you want. The Z28 could be a backup plan...

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles
    1995 L67 Swap in the Works...

Maybe it's a leaky coolant crossover and a loose oil filter adapter? I hope it's inexpensive.

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles
    1995 L67 Swap in the Works...

I have it going in on Thursday morning for the shop guy to take a look. If he thinks it's the head gasket and I can find a shell I'm going to tell him to pull it and do a proper inspection and possible rebuild. He thinks a cylinder could possibly be washed and if that's the case it'll need a light rehone.I think ideally the way to go would be finding a shell as I really don't know how much damage there is to the current car from all the years of sitting.
    '95 3.4L Camaro-- Top end swap in progress >

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

years of sitting will definitely ruin a car. Mine sat for 4 years. Rubber & suspension take the worst hit. Mine was about as loose as could be in the rear.

Good Luck sir. the TA would be pretty nice. Probably not a lot of them up there.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Yeah I'm noticing that as well. Honestly not sure which direction I want to go with the car. It looks like that rans am sold, but I'm kind of on the fence about if I want to try and get the car running and in good enough shape to sell and lose money on it, or wait for another shell to come up, or just part it out and go our separate ways. Tough decisions

We did a thing guys....
    Pictures coming this afternoon

Administrator

Sweet catch.

you got your plan together yet? lol

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Have somewhat of a plan at this point. The drivetrain has all been pulled from the 1995 camaro. I spent most of yesterday gutting basically everything. Working on getting the pedal assembly out as the Trans Am was an auto so that's another fun complication that the shop is extremely happy about. I had a buddy helping me out and his solution to getting the steering column was just cutting all of the wires that were in his way. This is now a problem because I have NO IDEA which connectors are needed for the manual pedal swap from the 95 to the 98. Plan is to swap the K-member in with the engine and trans all ready to go, Harness connection in the cab should be the same, I have the Aluminum DS from the 98 that'll connect the lovely 3.23 posi rear end that was with the car. On top of that, I'm having the shop transfer all the suspension and brakes from the LS1 K-member as it's all relatively new vs the stuff on the 3.4l K-member that's been sitting for 6-7 years now.

But other than that, I'm planning on swapping over 90% of the interior from the Camaro because it was in such good shape. Headliner in the Trans Am is also shot but with the exception of some very minor mold on by the passenger side T-top the headliner from the Camaro is in really good shape. I have the 5-speed center console that's mint that I had planned to install in the Camaro (It's from a 97) I'll be using in the trans am and I have the beautiful Trans Am seats I had originally bought for the Camaro that'll work out quite nicely. Door panels are in good shape, but I might be doing some SEM painting because all the panels from the Camaro I plan on transferring are all more black while the trans am seems to be a lighter graphite colour. not the end of the world, just a bit more work. I'll be documenting as much of the swap as possible to update the thread here and the showcase. At this point I might even have to follow Dustin's lead and create a damn blog for all the progress.

I think the biggest part for me is the paint. The Trans Am is in really good shape, and with some minor paint correction it'll really POP.

Super stoked about it

Administrator

I expect lots of photos!

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Thread Information