Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: 3.4L/3400

Honestly to the point I might pay to have the project finished at a local shop. Guy does amazing work and he's reasonably priced. Would cost me about 1300CD to finish. Feels bad
    '95 3.4L Camaro-- Top end swap in progress >

Yes flux will remove the impurities and help wick the solder into the joint. Im in electronics rework and i can tell you the flux works wonders. So much so that its just about required for every repair.

One important thing about flux, it absolutely must be cleaned off. Being it removes the impurities, it can cause shorts over time.

Another thing to consider, certain areas in a vehicle wiring harness can actually corrode because of solder joints. So beware and use the least amount of solder needed.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

Get out of here with that electrical voodoo talk! We all know electrical stuff it all magic!

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    Get out of here with that electrical voodoo talk! We all know electrical stuff it all magic!
    And I'm a wizard...

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Well t-minus 1 month till the car makes it's way into the shop. Working on getting rid of all the moisture and mold from inside the car. Unfortunately due to sitting for so long it's going to take alot of work to get it back into decent shape before it goes into the shop. I've also discovered I've lost a bunch of the screws for interior pieces.... Does anyone happen to know anywhere to get the set?

Administrator

the hexdrive its an M4.2 x 1.41 according to the spec

the philips counter sink screws are the same m4.2x1.41

most of the lengths are between 20 and 25 mm

these look pretty close to the hex screw

you may have to do some digging to find a countersink screw for the kick panels and knee bolster, etc. its a gm 20365258 or gm 11515665 which pull up a few places on google.

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Thanks man! Appreciate it. I know hawks sells a whole kit for the 3rd gens, but haven't had much luck finding a full set for the 4th gens

Have you tried fleabay? Usually I see blister packs of hardware. Might get lucky

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

Never heard of fleabay haha. I honestly think i'll just take the few that I have into a local hardware place and see what they have that matches and replace it all. Annoyed that the t-tops leaked as much as they did over the last few years because it's resulting in me having to take out the carpet yet again. Everything is still in great shape with the exception of a few of the interior panels having some minor scratches that'll end up annoying me. Have any of you guys found a way of cleaning those up? I was told that a heat gun might help in smoothing them out but they're honestly just light little ones. How well do the interior panels paint?

On another note, I've found that metra electronics makes a double din conversion kit for then 4th gen f-bodies now so I have planned to pick up one of those and get a double din deck finally for it. My sister stole the deck that was in the car anyways. So I think while the carpet is out I might take the opportunity to order the wiring and what not to wire it for subs. Never done it before so wanted to ask you guys if there was anything I should definitely use or definitely avoid (brands, gauge of wire, capacitor?) stuff along those lines. Help a rookie out

Administrator

Caps are not really necessary. just over size the wire and you'll be fine. don;t use kits. buy good wire and build it from scratch.(Edit; oh and use oxygen free copper)

Double din? does it fit in the dash? idk if it will fit in the actual dash under the bezel. I cut mine out to fit the double din.

the interior panel can be painted if you use the etching spray first. i know from experience it will peel off pretty easy without the etching first. you can get gm colors as well. graphite is one of them. i forget the brand name of the paint but i used it in my thread.
    Last edited by xpbr2000; 05-14-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Thread Information