Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.4L/3400

Started new thread for tuning: https://www.v6f-body.com/showthread....153#post173153

Hope it helps.

Yo sparky, I also tuned my 3.4 with an obd1.5-obd1 conversion harness

93 3.4 Firebird
    Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR, Custom Cam, Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's and Disk Brakes, OBD-1 Swap.
    Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com Tune By Wot-Tech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    Wholey crap... tko???

My 2000 Camaro SS/RS Wannabe. Proud non-member of PHK

Quote Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
    Wholey crap... tko???
    Believe it boner man

93 3.4 Firebird
    Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR, Custom Cam, Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's and Disk Brakes, OBD-1 Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by tkoforpresident View Post
    Nice. So, how did that work out? Hard to find many positive 3.4L tuning stories. I've seen a few 3x00 hybrid tune threads where they seem to just give up. End of the story is they are satisfied that it's running rich. Like I said, TunerCat has a new definition for the 3.4L that helps a lot. I'm hoping to hear from Robin soon to see if he can get his to run more than 30 seconds.

well to be honest, I never became fully immersed in the tuning process myself. Nor did I attempt a 3X00 conversion which admittedly might have made tuning more difficult. Mine was simply taking the 3.4 and adding an aggressive cam, bigger injectors, as well as p&p heads/intake/tb etc. The conversion harness was made by a guy named john, who had his own 60* specialty company. Not sure if he's even still around. But basically it allowed me to use an OBD-1 pcm from i believe a corsica. The chip in the corsica PCM came with a stock tune for the 3.4 and my involvement was simply data logging and sending those logs to a different fellow who worked hand in hand with John. I believe his name was Ben, from WOT-Tech. He would take my logs, make necessary adjustments to the .bin and then email them back to me. I'd burn the new chip with my moates equipment and test out the "new tune", data log again, until we had it right. Quite simple on my end, and nothing to brag about. I have no actual experience adjusting the .bins but was happy to pay someone else to do it for me. Honestly though, I don't see why that route couldn't be used for anyone switching to a 3X00 setup, at least as a starting point.

93 3.4 Firebird

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
    Wholey crap... tko???
    IKR i didn't believe it myself either.

OG member returns after 5 years....He must have left his 10mm socket here or something lol.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Unfortunate circumstances have brought me back but I'm not trying to hijack this fellow's thread so I got one in the lounge

93 3.4 Firebird

Nothing to hijack. She FUCKING RUNS BOYS. After 6.5 years since the project started, I had the car running for over an hour. I have another tune that I want to flash to it and give it a chance running but I have to drive it around to test and collect better datalogs to go over with a friend. Unfortunately, I went to drive it out of the garage and one of the old tires was flat (took it in and the side walls were just dry rotted on the inside) I guess that's what happens when the tires are from 05 I can't really get the fine tuning done till I can drive it so I'm hoping to find some decent tires to slap on the salad shooters I blasted and resprayed with the silver metallic and clear. Not the greatest job on them but they look better than when I got them. But she's running guys. I can try and take some footage tomorrow for you guys to watch. I hear a faint ticking on the drivers side of the engine so I'm hoping that's not too serious and maybe just goes away as the engine continues to break in. It idled on it's own for 45 minutes the other day datalogging so I could get the data to my buddy in Aus to help with the tune editing. It's all really fascinating stuff!
    '95 3.4L Camaro-- Top end swap in progress >

Awesome news.

Thread Information