Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Neebs' Dumb Rookie Build Supreme

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

thats is pretty nice of them...those instructions really make you think about how to treat your brakes

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

It's been a long time since my last update. I actually haven't done very much with my car. It was just a very humid and hot summer, so I didn't spend much time in the garage. But recently I did manage to finally install the new brake calipers, which look really nice. I also ended up purchasing some aftermarket wheels, but I still can't afford to get the tires for them, lol! The wheels were on sale, so I kinda had to jump on the opportunity. Aside from that, I finally got to take my car to its first Autocross event, it was a lot of fun! Check out the video below, I can't figure out how to imbed the image for the video, but the link is there. It felt like I was going faster than it actually looks, haha. Unfortunately, I only got to attend one event because the Autocross season ended early due to a crazy storm destroying all of the equipment. I'm hoping to do a few more upgrades before winter settles in, but that will depend on my budget. Hope everyone here has been doing well though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO5mcT3Qnwo

Last edited by Neebs; 12-14-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Looks nice man. I haven't got much done on mine since I discovered my main and/or cam bearings are shot lol.

Took a nice long trip with it like that too hahahaha. Minimum spec oil pressure there and back. But I had a good time and it made it back home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That looks beautiful! Man! I'm jealous! those rims really make the new brakes pop!
    That video is awesome! Looks like it's turning pretty flat and it shoots out of the turns! You were flying! That is really badass!!

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles
    Shortstar Swap in the Works...

Quote Originally Posted by IDCamaro1994 View Post
    That looks beautiful! Man! I'm jealous! those rims really make the new brakes pop!
    That video is awesome! Looks like it's turning pretty flat and it shoots out of the turns! You were flying! That is really badass!!
    Thanks man! I'm hoping I will have more to show this coming season. I have too many projects starting to pile up, so hopefully I'll be ready to go by Spring!

I hear ya on that. They pile up quick!! I was just realizing that myself. I've had that motor of mine for years now. Where does the time go?

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles

1 and a half years, that's how long my engine paint lasted. It's a damn shame because that was the nicest looking area on my car, now it looks just as crumby as the rest. I did all the prep and paint work precisely, but I guess the paint just couldn't hold together being out in the elements. Ever since I got my '02 Trans Am, the Slomaro has been parked in the driveway with a cover on. But to anyone that wants to paint their engine, don't use VHT paint, it's complete garbage.

Last edited by Neebs; 01-14-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Powdercoat is the way to go. Been about 2 years since I did the fiero valve covers in satin and they still look like I just did them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Powder coat is what I did on the Shortstar valve covers and timing cover. It looks ok but it hasn't been long enough to attest to its longevity.
    Those headers look expertly wrapped!!! Nice work!!!!

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles

My hands felt like I had needles in them for days after doing those wraps, lol! And I wore gloves! But yeah, once I have some more work done to the car, I will take the valve covers and intakes off, then strip the paint and powder coat them.

Thread Information