Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Neebs' Dumb Rookie Build Supreme

I see a lot of mention about that, but I don't see how it's possible. I put a brand new timing chain on and triple checked it to make sure it was lined up properly. I think that will be the last thing I check because the only way for me to adjust it is to take the balancer and front cover off again.

You put a new cam in right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah

Did you use a degree wheel and etc to make sure it was degreed properly for correct timing. It kind of sounds like the cam is off, and would line up with the random misfire.

The ecm is probably going WTF lol

I didn't degree it, did not think that I had to since it wasn't a custom order cam, and I was rebuilding everything. I just used the keyway on the camshaft to move it to the point where I could put the timing chain on and have the dots line up.

Eek! ALWAYS degree a new cam.

Edit. 3800 is an interference engine is it?

Last edited by wchiarizzio; 06-22-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Unfortunately, I'm still learning a lot of this. Not sure what an interference engine is. As far as degreeing goes, I'm not sure how that would change anything. If I want he timing chain dots to line up, the camshaft has to fit through the keyway. If I turn the camshaft any further, the timing chain dots will no longer line up.

Im also not 100% on the degreeing cause I havent done a camshaft before, but IIRC it can line up in mor than one orientation, IE 180 out etc....

I could be wrong.

Interference engine means the valves WILL visit the piston under the right circumstance, non interference engine a valve will only say hello to a piston if it drops into the cylinder.

You may want to do a compression check just to be safe.

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

i don't believe the 3800 is an interference motor.

you put in the gt2 correct?

that cam will throw the p0300 just because it lopes (ZZP mentions this. there is not issue

the p0121 is a code i had as well because of this cam. I had to tune out both codes because the p0121 can't be fixed in the tune because there is no table to make those adjustments. I'm a novice tuner though. there is probably a way i just never spent that much time trying to find the root cause.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Oh right! I knew I saw something about P0300 somewhere! I was looking all over the paperwork from ZZP and didn't see it mentioned. Did not think to check the Cam's description on the website again! So if I delete P0300, how will I determine if there are future misfires, or how can I find out if P0300 is showing up because there is an issue in addition to the cam lope?

For P0121, is it bad to drive the car with this code active? It idles around 1500-1600 rpm.

EDIT: And yes, it is the GT2 Cam
    Last edited by Neebs; 06-22-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Thread Information