Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Gas, coolant, and rpm gauges don't work

  1. #11
    xpbr2000's Avatar
    xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mooreville, MS
    Posts
    11,540
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    i think 2 of them go to the firewall. those connect the pcm to the body which would also connect to the cluster and OBD port.

    96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    passenger kick panel there is 3 maybe 4 connectors



    I looked there the only difference mine has wiring loom on it

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    xpbr2000's Avatar
    xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mooreville, MS
    Posts
    11,540
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    if the OBD2 port has no power then i'd start at those connectors and follow it to the dash obd port. there has to be damage between there and the problem areas. you might check fuses as well. i dont believe that the obd2 port or cluster is fused by itself but i could be wrong.

    96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

  4. #14
    xpbr2000's Avatar
    xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mooreville, MS
    Posts
    11,540
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    whatever has made the obd2 port dead is most likely the same problem causing some of the cluster to be dead as well

    96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    if the OBD2 port has no power then i'd start at those connectors and follow it to the dash obd port. there has to be damage between there and the problem areas. you might check fuses as well. i dont believe that the obd2 port or cluster is fused by itself but i could be wrong.
    Yea I'll check again but one more electrical problem it my headlights only work in high beam no low beam

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    xpbr2000's Avatar
    xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mooreville, MS
    Posts
    11,540
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    everything connects right there at the passenger kick panel. but this all has to be related. when i get home tonight i'll look at the wire schematics and see where the obd2 gets its power. we can trace it back from there. i'll look at the cluster and low beams to see if they share anything. this can be something as stupid as a ground that they all share.

    96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    everything connects right there at the passenger kick panel. but this all has to be related. when i get home tonight i'll look at the wire schematics and see where the obd2 gets its power. we can trace it back from there. i'll look at the cluster and low beams to see if they share anything. this can be something as stupid as a ground that they all share.
    I hope I just bought it and I wasn't a huge fan but now I love it and want to have everything working properly

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    xpbr2000's Avatar
    xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mooreville, MS
    Posts
    11,540
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    That happens with fbodys.

    Electrical issues are the worst.

    i'll post tonight when i'm able to look at my book.

    96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
    That happens with fbodys.

    Electrical issues are the worst.

    i'll post tonight when i'm able to look at my book.
    Thank you I appreciate it

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    xpbr2000's Avatar
    xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mooreville, MS
    Posts
    11,540
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    i've been looking at the wiring schematics for the gauges and i'm not coming up with much. Can you check the fuse 9 and fuse 7? Fuse 9 should say gauges, and fuse 7 should say pwr accy.

    96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    "OperationX"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •