Thread: New Member Here

Default New Member Here

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member here, but I'm not new to the V6 F-body scene. My current car is a 1988 Firebird 2.8 V6 that is currently disassembled for a rebuild. I'm looking at a stock style rebuild for now, with a slight cam upgrade (CL-MTC-5), a little head porting, and intake runner cleanup. I will also play around with intake runner length in hopes to increase the RPM range without hindering to much bottom end torque.

Intermediate plan: after the car is running and driving again, an ECU upgrade will be next. I'm looking at a Mirosquirt or MS3 Pro Evo. Then, add a GT3582 Tubocharger, A/W intercooler, and custom hot side plumbing (Similar to a 1989 TTA).

Long Term Plan: 3.4/3400/3500 Hybrid build with the previously mentioned turbocharger and parts.

Thank you!

xpbr2000 is offline Freaky Poster LS PLUS Supporting Membership
    Administrator

Nice! I like seeing older builds.

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of good information here. Maybe some lacking in the 2.8 section, but feel free to start a thread in our 2.8/3.1 section to throw some photos or just talk about your build.

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
    Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
    OperationX thread
    OperationX blog
    FrankForged.com

Welcome! Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I think I finally have my pc bugs worked out tho, so I can help more now fwiw
    Yeah keep us posted on what you are working on!
    I find the Tapatalk app the best way to upload pics...but I probably don't know the actual best way. lol

'94 with '98 front clip
    3.4, BW T5 WC Manual
    205,635 miles
    1995 L67 Swap in the Works...

Thread Information