Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Technical Discussion > General Tech.
General Tech. All other questions or problems... If you're unsure, put it here!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:25 AM

Default 3.4 camaro no start

95 3.4 camaro wont run i took the heads of did port job put them back on it started right up i ran it for around 8 mins then reved it some and it shut off with no noises i went to start it back up and no go so i checked the basics it has fuel and 90,000v of spark so then i pulled the plugs they were soaked with gas so i sand blasted them and still no go then i hooked up a tech 2 the map sensor was responding good the ect and the iat were good the pcm was giving a 60 msec inj pulse i still dont know why so i tried to start it in clear flood with new plugs and ether still no go but it was backfiring through the intake and popping in the exhaust so then i hooked a scope up to the cam and both crank sensors all three were good and in sync with each so they werent throwing off timing so i figured the timing chain jumped a tooth so i took off the front cover and it was in time i dont get how a dis can be outa time computer wise i forgot the fuel dried out the walls i lost compression 65psi i got back up to 130psi

95 Lt1 Camaro toy 96 Firebird DD
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM

ever get it running correctly again? If so what was the issue?

http://www.michiganvisalus.com
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Tree Fidy

Nope, the engine is torn apart and in our shed until we can afford to do anything with it, but we do have a plan for it. He wants to get the block machined, cam, vavletrain, higher stall converter and the trans built up, then start rebuilding it for high compression and the 3400 top end.

We think it was the pcm because we tried everything to get that damn thing to run. It was dumping a ridiculous amount of fuel into the combustion chamber. The camaro looks pretty funny with no engine in it. I know now that its out the piston rings are all seized up.

The Famiry: 96 3.8 Camaro, 94 3400 swap Chicken 96 3.8 Firechicken, 87 5.0 IRoc, 95 Lt1 swap 3.4 Camaro, 95 Z28, 93 Trans Am RIP
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Ghost Patrol
LS PLUS Supporting Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8blackmaro View Post
Nope, the engine is torn apart and in our shed until we can afford to do anything with it, but we do have a plan for it. He wants to get the block machined, cam, vavletrain, higher stall converter and the trans built up, then start rebuilding it for high compression and the 3400 top end.

We think it was the pcm because we tried everything to get that damn thing to run. It was dumping a ridiculous amount of fuel into the combustion chamber. The camaro looks pretty funny with no engine in it. I know now that its out the piston rings are all seized up.
Sounds like me

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Technical Discussion > General Tech.